Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 03:03 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times

Advertisements

Big fat flakes now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 03:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
That part. It feels sooo much colder than 26 out! Can you believe it's supposed to be 0 on Friday morning!? High of 20!? What is this madness???
Yeah... it's quite brisk, I tell you.

Just checked. We have some snow in the yard. It is definitely stuck out there. Not much. But, there's some snow... it's not fluffy. More like icy.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM

430 posts, read 626,178 times
I may have missed this mentioned but a new weather alert from an hour ago...

... POTENTIALLY CRIPPLING ICE ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS PARTS OF CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA TONIGHT...

POTENTIAL CRIPPLING AMOUNTS OF A HALF INCH TO AS MUCH AS THREE-QUARTERS OF AN INCH IN SOME LOCALIZED SPOTS. AMOUNTS LIKE THIS TYPICALLY RESULT IN WIDESPREAD DOWNED TREES... POWER OUTAGES THAT MAY LAST FOR DAYS... AND PROLONGED IMPACTS TO TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

ALL RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA... ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO LIVE ALONG AND NEAR THE HIGHWAY 64 AND I-85 CORRIDORS... SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
IMPOSSIBLE TRAVEL CONDITIONS LATER THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING DUE TO ICE-COVERED ROADS. PEOPLE SHOULD PREPARE TO SIMPLY STAY OFF THE ROADS TONIGHT. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO DRIVE TONIGHT... IT'S LIKELY THAT YOU'LL END UP SLIDING OFF THE ROAD AND GETTING STUCK FOR A WHILE OR WORSE. WHILE IT'S GREAT TO KEEP EMERGENCY SUPPLIES IN YOUR CAR SUCH AS A FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... BLANKETS... AND WATER... THE BEST THING TO DO TONIGHT IS SIMPLY STAY OFF THE ROADS. TRAVEL IN THE HARDEST HIT AREAS MAY BE IMPACTED FOR DAYS.
WIDESPREAD DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES... ESPECIALLY IN THOSE LOCATIONS HARDEST HIT BY ICE ACCUMULATION. IF YOU'RE IN ONE OF THE HARDEST HIT AREAS... YOU MAY BE WITHOUT POWER... AND WITHOUT HEAT... FOR DAYS.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Big fat flakes now!!
Neato! My son is leaving Crossroads right now and he said the same thing.

Fluffy snow!

Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
They're saying impossible driving conditions....I was planning on going in to work at 8AM as usual, but idk. Snow yes but ice eh...I'll make it 10 or 11 :|

Fat flakes in Southpoint too. Put my wipers up in case i deem it ok to drive in at 8... (well 7)

Old 02-16-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
They're saying impossible driving conditions....I was planning on going in to work at 8AM as usual, but idk. Snow yes but ice eh...I'll make it 10 or 11 :|

Fat flakes in Southpoint too. Put my wipers up in case i deem it ok to drive in at 8... (well 7)
Might your employer just delay opening? That happens pretty often here with ice storms.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:18 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,534 times
Sounds like we're getting some sleet here in SE Garner. Saw a tiny amount of snow about a half an hour ago but that was it.

As a former Bostonian, I just have to say I'm cracking up that this thread was started on Friday and reached close to a hundred posts before the snow started flying. A potential 2" of snow is big news...

Old 02-16-2015, 03:23 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times

I don't think I've ever experienced a high of 17!

Old 02-16-2015, 03:24 PM

430 posts, read 626,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
As a former Bostonian, I just have to say I'm cracking up that this thread was started on Friday and reached close to a hundred posts before the snow started flying. A potential 2" of snow is big news...
As a former Bostonian and Buffalonian... it's not the snow, it's the ice. I've seen far worse driving conditions around here with the ice than I ever saw up north. Don't take this lightly.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:26 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,824 times
Okay Now we have some sleet in Clayton. Lol. I really want snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary