Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 05:14 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times

Advertisements

We are having a Bat Mitzvah party at Maggiano's at Southpoint Mall in March. My whole family will be in from out of town and we need a place very nearby to take family photos - there will be 16 of us in all. I want to make this as EASY as possibly. I don't need anything fancy or beautiful like Duke Gardens - just a place that would be very convenient to Maggiano'sl. Convenience trumps beauty in this case. Are there any grassy areas nearby or parks where we could do photos? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 07:18 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Are you traveling to Maggiano's from a synagogue? Just trying to get a feel for your whereabouts that day.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:23 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
This is a tough one..Agree that if we know your route it may help..
Maybe everything is happening at Maggiano's ??

Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 PM

We'll be at the synagogue earlier in the day. And then we have about 4-5 hours before the party at Maggiano's. So my immediate family will be coming from Chapel Hill and the rest of the extended family will be at hotel right by Southpoint. I want to do the pictures right before the party and make it easy for my family who don't know their way around here. The photographer is from Raleigh, so she asked me for suggestions. Southpoint said we can take pictures outdoors there, but it may be crowded, and I don't want to count on it for such a big group, although they have some darn cute fountains!

Old 02-21-2015, 07:20 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,958 times
At the mall is the American Tobacco Trail bridge over I-40. Woods around the area if you want nature photos.

If the service is at Judea Reform, you have woods all around the place and Duke trails are literally across the street.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:54 AM

Thanks! I was wondering if there was anything at the American Tobacco Trail. I will check it out the bridge area. That sounds perfect! The service is not at Judea Reform. It's in Chapel Hill.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:45 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
I'm not much of one for posed family photos (that's my sister's department), but if you didn't want to do the fountains at Southpoint (which was my first thought, too — the one by the movies) there is another fountain over there on the corner of Renaissance and 751, diagonally across from Aldi's. I think it's a hotel — maybe the one they're staying at?

You could do Jordan Lake. Not too far from SP.

This sounds a little weird, but there's a great garden center about 2 miles from Southpoint called For Garden's Sake. They have beautiful grounds with lots of animals (llamas or alpacas, goats, peacocks the last time I was there). Around the Nursery Photos - For Garden's Sake

If you take the back way on Stagecoach there are several horse farms and trails that go back to Jordan Lake.

Also a couple of ponds on Rennaisance. Not sure they'd be photo worthy or not, though.

You're also not far from the NC Botanical Gardens off 54. Might be a little further than you want to go, though. http://ncbg.unc.edu

Last edited by poppydog; 02-21-2015 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary