Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 10:29 PM

6 posts, read 9,415 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I'll be in Cary next week to check out the area, schools, real estate, etc. I will also visit Cornerstone Apartments off of High House Rd. Any thoughts or opinions about this apartment complex...(i.e. Good location, safety, family-friendly, responsive property management.. etc)?

Also, as I begin house-hunting next week, are there any particular suggestions on the most family-friendly sub-divisions in Cary with great community amenities (i.e. Nice pool, playground, etc)? My children are 7 & 8, so a child-friendly community is one of our top priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Apartment Ratings and Reviews | ApartmentRatings has decent reviews. Take a look for yourself.

No safety issues but property is described as old with quite a few maintenance issues.

Coming from NYC (where we lived in a Manhattan middle income project years ago), rents here will look cheap. However, they have gone up tremendously in the last few years since many transplants didn't understand NC prices.

Water bills, if not included in rent, can hurt because of greedy cities. As opposed to NYC, utilities are not usually included in rent. Some older properties do include water.

Be sure to get renter's insurance even if not required by lease so you're covered for water damage, etc.

Good luck.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:50 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMOMMY View Post
Hi all! I'll be in Cary next week to check out the area, schools, real estate, etc. I will also visit Cornerstone Apartments off of High House Rd. Any thoughts or opinions about this apartment complex...(i.e. Good location, safety, family-friendly, responsive property management.. etc)?

Also, as I begin house-hunting next week, are there any particular suggestions on the most family-friendly sub-divisions in Cary with great community amenities (i.e. Nice pool, playground, etc)? My children are 7 & 8, so a child-friendly community is one of our top priorities.
Cornerstone changed hands in December. New management may be a bit more aggressive on maintenance. They already told the onsite maintenance guy he could start to pay rent or move.
Great location, with accessibility to many services.
I would think it would be a fine place to camp out while you initiate a home search.
It is a popular complex, due to the school assignments. You should confirm the schools, but it has been Davis Drive ES, Davis Drive MS, and Green Hope HS. If you get into DDES and want to keep those assignments, your home search will be in a limited area but most communities have pool, etc.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 AM

6 posts, read 9,415 times
Thank you both. Yes, the main reason I'm looking at Cornerstone is because of the school assignments (although I know the middle school is now capped). I'm keeping our options open, as I've read there are many great schools in the area. Can't wait to check it all out!!

Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Good area. Know a few people who have lived there short term while looking for their house and no complaints.

Hard to recommend the "most" family friendly subdivision; this is suburbia, so it's pretty much all families with kids here. Most of the ones in the area of Cornerstone have pool and tennis; West Park has a playground, as does Park Village. You can get a map of the Triangle from AAA if you are a member and drive around and mark it up with places you like. That's what we did, it was helpful placing everything for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary