Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:25 PM

260 posts, read 1,188,228 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any inexpensive used/new furniture stores in the Raleigh/Holly Springs/Fuquay area??? We are knew to the area and lost all of our prior belongings (long story) and will need to furnish a home.
Would greatly appreciate any advice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM

2,187 posts, read 7,974,912 times
You might have luck on Craigs list. Home Comforts furniture is supposedly reasonable (I have been told). I know there is a consignment shop on the corner of Kildaire Farm Road & Tryon Rd in Cary. Have no idea what type of stuff they have. Good luck!

Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 AM

225 posts, read 952,147 times
We had good luck on craigslist when we had to furnish our rental. Another place with nice, clean, some upper scale furnishings--was Consigning Designs in Cary (they have a web site).

I also read somewhere (I haven't been yet)
there is a place called: Furniture Row on Glenwood/Hwy 70. I was told you can get some good deals.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Thank you for your suggestions!! We'll look into when we get there.
Thanks again

Old 11-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Thank you for your suggestions!! We'll look into when we get there.
Thanks again

Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM

94 posts, read 344,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
Does anyone know of any inexpensive used/new furniture stores in the Raleigh/Holly Springs/Fuquay area??? We are knew to the area and lost all of our prior belongings (long story) and will need to furnish a home.

Try Colfax or Rooms To Go for starters. (not sure how cheap you mean )

Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM

127 posts, read 598,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
If you don't mind renting a truck to haul furniture, try downtown High Point. High Point is the "furniture capital of the world" and twice a year they have a big furniture convention ("market"). Once market is over, they sell off all the samples at or near wholesale, as it's cheaper for them to unload everything to the locals than to ship it back. Typcal resale markup for furniture is 300% - 350%

I work in High Point. Market just ended a couple weeks ago, and I see signs all over advertising "market samples".

Old 11-07-2006, 02:56 PM

271 posts, read 1,210,468 times
Corts Furniture has gently used (Office Leased) furniture that can be bought after it is returned and is warrentied, nationwide retailer. --They have a really nice website also.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveInNC View Post
If you don't mind renting a truck to haul furniture, try downtown High Point. High Point is the "furniture capital of the world" and twice a year they have a big furniture convention ("market"). Once market is over, they sell off all the samples at or near wholesale, as it's cheaper for them to unload everything to the locals than to ship it back. Typcal resale markup for furniture is 300% - 350%

I work in High Point. Market just ended a couple weeks ago, and I see signs all over advertising "market samples".

Do you have any idea how far High Point is from Fuquay?? We're not from the area and don't know our way around yet.

Thanks for the info

Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,002,054 times
I have to say that I think high point is a good deal, but you have to realize that the furniture is high end, so for me, sometimes the good deal was way over my budget! Granted it is amazing furniture, but also very expensive. It is about 2 hours away, west on 40, pass chapel hill, burlington, greensboro then you get to high point.

I would suggest home comfort, we have purchased a number of items there and I found their prices reasonable and the quality very good. The problem is you have to order it and it can take weeks. There is a home comfort outlet store on glenwood avenue (raleigh), and you can take the furniture from there. They have overflow and different items there. The items change weekly, so it is nice to check often. We bought an eat in table, that has a leaf so it can seat six, but it came with a bench for one of the "seats", anyhow it was 499 (2 years ago), and it has been great. We use the 4 person table daily and use the bench in a different part of the house. They have couches, chairs, etc. It is worth a try.

We have also purchased couches from carolina sofa company, and they were not bad (one we still have, lovingly called greenie, that my spouse refuses to get rid of because it sleeps well, and we have had it for 10 years).

We also recently got a great dining table and chairs from world market. Their prices seem good when they have a sale.

hope this helps!
Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary