Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 01:46 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Tough luck for you. This mass murder happened because of racism, whether you are "tired" or not.
All Murders happen because of some sort of hate..Rapes too.
9/11 was because of hate of Americans, gang murders are hate for another gang,
cops are murdered because of cop haters...
mass school shootings are hate crimes..

I am tired of all the hate of all ages, races, genders, faiths..

Hating on rednecks, cops or any group will not improve the situation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 01:51 PM

128 posts, read 151,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheRoadWarrior View Post
I beg your pardon. I don't know if you are just pandering to a perceived audience or you are just puffing your chest out, but your comment is insulting, unsubstantiated, and completely off-base.

I fall in to the age group you mentioned. I have degrees in history (with an emphasis on society and nationalism in post-Napoleonic Europe) and economics, and, more importantly, currently teach both subjects. I can speak on the sociopolitical ramifications of Friedrich List's rethinking of classical capitalism. I can discuss the long and short term effects of both the Civil War and Reconstruction on the South's imagined community. I can explain and support the strong associations much of today's American South has with reactionary modernism and how they are an outcome of economic, social, and political conflict from 1865 to today.

More importantly, my students could draw many of the same conclusions, support them with well-researched evidence, and synthesize them to a level that not only meets my expectations, but the expectations and needs of our broader society.

So next time, before you make trite overgeneralized comments like the above, take a moment to consider that maybe, just maybe, some teachers actually know what they are talking about and do not simply fall in lockstep with some sort of grand statist agenda of obsequiousness brought on by ignorance
Glib.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Tough luck for you. This mass murder happened because of racism, whether you are "tired" or not.
Problem is this. White on black murders are relatively rare. Unlike the opposite. Take away the drugs, illegal and legal, socially removed and do you think the tragedy would have happened? A side affect of the drugs he was on was violent outbursts.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheRoadWarrior View Post
I beg your pardon. I don't know if you are just pandering to a perceived audience or you are just puffing your chest out, but your comment is insulting, unsubstantiated, and completely off-base.

I fall in to the age group you mentioned. I have degrees in history (with an emphasis on society and nationalism in post-Napoleonic Europe) and economics, and, more importantly, currently teach both subjects. I can speak on the sociopolitical ramifications of Friedrich List's rethinking of classical capitalism. I can discuss the long and short term effects of both the Civil War and Reconstruction on the South's imagined community. I can explain and support the strong associations much of today's American South has with reactionary modernism and how they are an outcome of economic, social, and political conflict from 1865 to today.

More importantly, my students could draw many of the same conclusions, support them with well-researched evidence, and synthesize them to a level that not only meets my expectations, but the expectations and needs of our broader society.

So next time, before you make trite overgeneralized comments like the above, take a moment to consider that maybe, just maybe, some teachers actually know what they are talking about and do not simply fall in lockstep with some sort of grand statist agenda of obsequiousness brought on by ignorance
Well said!

I think Max just won the internet!

Old 07-01-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Well said!

I think Max just won the internet!
Yep why use 4 words when 10 can do the job.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:48 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John EdwardsII View Post
So, you basically didn't read it?

Old 07-01-2015, 02:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Problem is this. White on black murders are relatively rare. Unlike the opposite. Take away the drugs, illegal and legal, socially removed and do you think the tragedy would have happened? A side affect of the drugs he was on was violent outbursts.
I think that's a stretch.

You have no way of knowing if a 21yo white supremacist would kill black people WITH OR WITHOUT drugs.

Let's not pretend he was a peace-loving, nonracist until he smoked a joint or took some antidepressants.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:59 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Can't we all just get along?

Old 07-01-2015, 03:01 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, you basically didn't read it?
It would be ironic if it was too long for his attention span.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 PM

396 posts, read 409,808 times
Quote:
For someone who just finished demeaning an entire age group for their lack of knowledge this sure is an anti-intellectual remark. Ad hominem fallacies are useful when you know what you said was wrong.

Anyway, much like RedZin stated, it is impossible to know the context of when this decision was made. What we do know is the kid was an avowed white supremacist with a love for weapons and serious psychological issues. Attributing his acts to drug use rather than racism flies in the face of facts and is an obvious attempt to distract from the real issue.

Last edited by MaxtheRoadWarrior; 07-01-2015 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary