Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aht78 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've put off moving for one more year. I do have concerns about how the state feels about teachers. I'm hopeful that things will change for the better.
Job OPENINGS will change (increase) in the next year, but job CONDITIONS will not. Yes, there is a correlation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 12:22 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
And, as predicted, done. :

Funny how a retired IT person seems to know everything (that's bad) about the current job situation in every trade and industry. I could be wrong, but I don't seem to recall reading (m)any responses from current teachers to this or similar threads complaining about their situations. Maybe the OP should wait to hear from some of the actual teachers for more accurate and relevant information.

To the OP: In addition to the public schools, there are also plenty of private and christian schools in the area. I'd suggest that the proportion of students in private : public schools here is higher than most areas of the country.
If you haven't heard any complaints from current teachers, you have your head in the sand. Everything Saturnfan says is absolutely true. It isn't like it's a big secret we don't have unions and tenure was eliminated. D'oh!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:42 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
If you haven't heard any complaints from current teachers, you have your head in the sand. Everything Saturnfan says is absolutely true. It isn't like it's a big secret we don't have unions and tenure was eliminated. D'oh!
Thanks.

I know many teachers and state employees. NC treats its employees very poorly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary