Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,675,925 times

Advertisements

Doesn't look like he'll be able to hide behind a bankruptcy!

newsobserver.com | Administrator: Nifong too rich for bankruptcy (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/duke_lacrosse/story/953530.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 07:45 PM

15 posts, read 40,464 times
I live in RI and I recently met one of the kids Nifong screwed (he now plays for Brown) and his family, and Coach Pressler's family. These people I am happy to say have landed on their feet and will be successful. That is their nature I'm sure. Make no mistake though, they have been profoundly affected

Old 02-19-2008, 07:58 PM

171 posts, read 450,926 times
Default I'd say the three lacrosse players basically have two choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
The City of Durham has claimed immunity and is placing all blame on Nifong, jerk that he is. $30 mil each is a bit steep for these guys. I agree they deserve a payout b/c their lives were screwed up royally by Nifong, but I think a more reasonable settlement could be reached.

I, too, was baffled at his getting re-elected during all of this mess.
I am sure the whole purpose of filing for bancruptcy was to initiate talks on a new settlement. $90 million bucks definately sends a message about just how wrong Nifong's actions were, but can they really expect to get $90 million out of him?

The way I see it the three guys basically have two choices: 1) continue pursuing the $90 million in court year in and year out, bleeding a little out of Nigong at a time and, of course, the attorneys taking their cut of each payout, or 2) negotiate a smaller settlement, pay the attorneys their cut of the payout and be done with it and move on with their lives.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM

21 posts, read 54,068 times
How does a public servant amasse such a fortune?

Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM

446 posts, read 1,392,108 times
Corrupt bow-tie wearing arrogant pig! There, I feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary