Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 03:15 PM

15 posts, read 62,633 times

Advertisements

I am in a management position at a mental health agency in Raleigh, and tomorrow the agency's Program Director/Owner and all of our management staff are going to meet for a "brainstorming session" about other ideas for businesses we could branch into or start. We would like to diversify. We have decided that it doesn't necessarily have to be another human/social services business opportunity, but we aren't ruling that out, either.

I was hoping to pick the collective brain of this board... If any type of business or service (legitimate, of course) is needed (or wanted) in the Triangle area, what is it? Anything goes... I am very curious about this, and would greatly appreciate any input you are willing to give. Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 04:56 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,735,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychi1 View Post
I am in a management position at a mental health agency in Raleigh, and tomorrow the agency's Program Director/Owner and all of our management staff are going to meet for a "brainstorming session" about other ideas for businesses we could branch into or start. We would like to diversify. We have decided that it doesn't necessarily have to be another human/social services business opportunity, but we aren't ruling that out, either.

I was hoping to pick the collective brain of this board... If any type of business or service (legitimate, of course) is needed (or wanted) in the Triangle area, what is it? Anything goes... I am very curious about this, and would greatly appreciate any input you are willing to give. Thanks to all!
This is definately outside the realm of mental health. But I so want a better grocery store than what this area has to offer!!! I miss Fred Meyer & New Seasons in Portland. In fact this the one "thing" about my daily life that I miss the most. I even miss this more than I miss being able to walk places (which is huge for me)!!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 PM

15 posts, read 62,633 times
Thanks for replying, PDXmom. I know what you mean about missing your "hometown" stores. When I moved to NC from PA, I thought I would never be able to live without certain stores and foods, etc. For me, that feeling has almost completely gone away over time. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be thrilled to have a genuine cheesteak sandwich if I had the opportunity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary