Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times

Advertisements

Today I took a brief detour on my way to Target to snap a few pictures of this upscale neighborhood. I must admit I don't know what the difference is between Ethan's Glen and "The Gates at Ethan's Glen". I was thinking this was just the latest phase, but perhaps somebody more familiar with this community can explain the difference. I think the homes in the area I was in start at the $800K point. Lots of trees remain in this community which I like a lot. I also think the drive down Creedmoor Rd (50) to I-540 isn't bad at all. After taking the pictures it took me exactly 9 minutes to drive east down 98 to get to the Super Target in Wake Forest. If I had $800K sitting around I would consider this place!

Map showing location of The Gates at Ethan's Glen

View of Peed Road as you drive towards one of the entrances of the community

One of the Entrance Signs

Pictures of some of the houses in the neighborhood

Views Looking down various streets in the neighborhood

Cool looking old tree (glad they saved it!)

Picture of what I beleive is the pool clubhouse

Some more houses

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 01:08 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
NRG,
You are getting me motivated to take my new camera out and SHOOT!

Very nice.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:31 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,617 times
NRG,

VERY nice pictures! When were these taken, recently? Also, what camera do you use?
Nice photo composition and very nice views of the neighborhood.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM

210 posts, read 748,924 times
These were great pictures! I'm trying to remember, is this the community that has a powerline going through the back section though...

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,298 times
Great Pics.... hey how about a pic of that guy BEHIND the camera so we know just who this famous photographer is??

Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 22,779 times
Beautiful pictures, This homes are just beautiful, what is the estimate price of these houses or the community.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
NRG,
You are getting me motivated to take my new camera out and SHOOT!

Very nice.
Thanks Mike. New camera huh? Your pictures have always looked great so I am eager to see what features the new camera adds! Can't wait to see some fancy wide angle shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvitts View Post
NRG,

VERY nice pictures! When were these taken, recently? Also, what camera do you use?
I too these picture just a few hours ago today (1/18/08) (I am off work today ). I wanted to get some pictures in before the winter weather hits us tomorrow. It is actually realyl nice outside right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
These were great pictures! I'm trying to remember, is this the community that has a powerline going through the back section though...
You know, I don't know. It could be, but I didn't see any powerlines where I was. Maybe somebody else could chime in on that one.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvitts View Post
NRG,

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer before....I have a typical "point-and-shoot" type digital camera. It is a 7.2 mega pixel with 3X optical zoom Sony Cyber-shot model no. DSC-W7, but I keep the setting on 1-3 mega pixels most of the time when posting to the internet to keep the file size smaller. Here is a picture of the camera I use. Not very fancy but it works for me!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
Yes, Ethan's Glen does have a powerline in the back section of the neighborhood.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM

210 posts, read 748,924 times
I'm curious too, what camera did you use?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary