Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 03:48 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,265 times

Advertisements

Bobby Murray Chevrolet is supposedly in rezoning negotiations to move their Capital Blvd location. There was a story on WRAL. I'm still a member of my former neighborhoods listserv(Belvidere park/Woodcrest) and a reliable neighbor posted that purchasing the flea market mall is being considered by a developer. Also heard that a food bank is interested in the property too. What people are wondering is if the 2 locations could be combined into a future retail/housing development. From what I understand,these properties are not in the flood plain or the future watershed park that is currently being constructed or I guess deconstructed is the better word. Bowling alley,Foxy lady already demolished. I told my SO when we moved that 10 yrs from now that corridor will be unrecognizable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 07:47 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,115,879 times
everything from 440 in to Peace on Capital stands to be up for redevelopment in the next 20 years. And it should be. Without new investment, then you're left with 60 year old rusting steel hulks for bygone manufacturing, wholesale, and distribution.

There's a whole lot of usable land on the northwest side of US1 to Wake Forest Rd to be re-used in a new "highest and best" fashion.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 AM

9,129 posts, read 14,695,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
everything from 440 in to Peace on Capital stands to be up for redevelopment in the next 20 years. And it should be. Without new investment, then you're left with 60 year old rusting steel hulks for bygone manufacturing, wholesale, and distribution.

There's a whole lot of usable land on the northwest side of US1 to Wake Forest Rd to be re-used in a new "highest and best" fashion.
Exactly. I'm sure that people are going to hoot and holler about this, but that section of Capital is horrible and needs redevelopment in a bad way. Such a main road is no place for a flea market.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,507,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Exactly. I'm sure that people are going to hoot and holler about this, but that section of Capital is horrible and needs redevelopment in a bad way. Such a main road is no place for a flea market.
You're right. That area looks terrible. Like it was just abandoned and left to rust away. I hope the entire area from the old The flea market mall all the way down to Peace street is redeveloped. Maybe some of that illusive "affordable housing" could be a part of any redevelopment plan.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,602,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
That area is especially bad, but I think Capital is horrible from downtown all the way to Wake Forest. I avoid Capital if there are any alternatives.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:22 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
You're right. That area looks terrible. Like it was just abandoned and left to rust away. I hope the entire area from the old The flea market mall all the way down to Peace street is redeveloped. Maybe some of that illusive "affordable housing" could be a part of any redevelopment plan.
Trust me "affordable" isn't what they are going for . Rents have skyrocketed in the last 2 years and homes are being put on the market and selling right and left. That community has bent over backwards running anyone or anything undesirable out. They have a vision and affordable housing isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: