Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:17 PM

386 posts, read 603,132 times

Advertisements

I heard that the parking/shuttle service in Zebulon is unorganized and a disaster - anyone else have a similar experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 06:42 PM

789 posts, read 1,987,169 times
Waited over an hour for the shuttle, only to get there and find out that they weren't letting anyone else into the balloon festival. No parking refund. Awful.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 PM

20 posts, read 24,745 times
It was extremely unorganized and I can't imagine it's going to better the rest of the weekend. Parking/traffic was a nightmare. The parking lots were full so we tried following suit and parking on side of the road but were promptly informed that we would be towed. At the event there wasn't much activities and waited in line for food for almost 2 hours. Spare yourselves the headache.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM

28 posts, read 44,407 times
we were there, the traffic and parking was nightmare. We parked on the side of the road because most parking lots (including the private ones on the old bunn rd) were full and we saw many cars parked there before us, so we thought it was ok. We missed the mass ascencion. When we arrived, there were only 3 balloons left, though another 3 were coming later. We stuck around for the glow, but it wasn't really great because it only happened for a few minutes. I don't think it was worth the effort, but our kids said they enjoyed it.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:24 PM

4,093 posts, read 4,821,108 times
We were there also, and yes the shuttle experience was a nightmare. There's a lot of dusty dirt flying around even where the food tent is so get ready to eat some dirt if you go this weekend. I went twice to get food but the line was too long and not worth the wait but you can buy drinks fairly quickly at several hydration stations. They should have allowed more food vendors which would have been much better. Even with all of the negatives above, we did enjoy seeing the hot air balloons but I can only imagine how bad it will be this weekend.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:33 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,242,493 times
Just FYI ... The $10 parking goes to support projects such as this:

Project Uplift NC - Freedom Balloon Fest

If you figure a family of 4, with no admission, it breaks down to $2.50 per person. Pretty good deal, to be honest!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,242,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
$30 just to park? Yikes. This is sounding more and more like a "view from afar" type event
That's for the "premium" on-site parking.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,558,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
I mean I'm not wealthy
I am! My daughter runs into my arms when they are empty!

Oh, wait....... you're talking about money, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
Welcome to a capitalist society.
Great thing, isn't it? I love the choices I'm allowed to make.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:17 AM

31 posts, read 32,873 times
Is the parking/traffic nightmare in reference to the Zebulon location or Raleigh? I was thinking about trying to go tomorrow evening to the Raleigh location, but it doesn't seem worth it to me if traffic/parking is awful.

(Also, MainLine Mommy.... no refund????? Wow.)

Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 AM

386 posts, read 603,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _leigh View Post
Is the parking/traffic nightmare in reference to the Zebulon location or Raleigh? I was thinking about trying to go tomorrow evening to the Raleigh location, but it doesn't seem worth it to me if traffic/parking is awful.

(Also, MainLine Mommy.... no refund????? Wow.)
I think it was just the Zebulon location yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary