U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 545 times

Advertisements

Retired years ago at 60 with health insurance through the State Health Plan. Will be turning 65 in January 2016 amd since retiring have moved to Florida. Have a couple questions in hopes someone else has been through this and can offer suggestions.

Annual renewals will begin in a few months ending in the Fall and I'm thinking this is when I select my new Medicare Retirees Plan to be effective January 2016.

Plus, I'm reading online of the 3 options, for non-working retirees, which are Humana and UnitedHealth with both Basic and Enhanced Plans plus a 70/30 Plan. Not sure how these plans work with Medicare when paying for services. Example: Hospital stay for 5 days and Medicare pays first leaving a balance. Is that balance then sent to my State Health Provider for payment? With daily deductibles not sure of what I would end up paying.

Just want to get this behind me.........

Thanks,

YodaRules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:21 AM

1,345 posts, read 1,672,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaRules View Post
Retired years ago at 60 with health insurance through the State Health Plan. Will be turning 65 in January 2016 amd since retiring have moved to Florida. Have a couple questions in hopes someone else has been through this and can offer suggestions.

Annual renewals will begin in a few months ending in the Fall and I'm thinking this is when I select my new Medicare Retirees Plan to be effective January 2016.

Plus, I'm reading online of the 3 options, for non-working retirees, which are Humana and UnitedHealth with both Basic and Enhanced Plans plus a 70/30 Plan. Not sure how these plans work with Medicare when paying for services. Example: Hospital stay for 5 days and Medicare pays first leaving a balance. Is that balance then sent to my State Health Provider for payment? With daily deductibles not sure of what I would end up paying.

Just want to get this behind me.........

Thanks,

YodaRules
The NC Retirement System telephone customer service has been very helpful to me in the past.
You will get accurate information, which doesn't always happen in these forums.

From the NC Orbit website:
Retirees / Benefit Recipients, please call:
1-877-733-4191 (toll-free)
(919) 733-4191 (within local Raleigh calling distance)

Old 06-10-2015, 10:31 AM

662 posts, read 1,067,792 times
The best way to get accurate answers is to call the person/people who are in charge of your benefits/renewals. They are the experts.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,468,473 times
A family member retired and took United. Very happy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or