U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:23 PM

606 posts, read 727,730 times

Advertisements

If they are the big huge ones and you live in a really wooded area, then don't worry about it. As others have said, that is normal. We live in a very wooded neighborhood. You can go outside on a hot night and see a few run down the road. Some are so big you can put a harness on them and take them for a walk. Again, NORMAL. Don't listen to the folks that are freaking the heck out in this thread. You will not see thousands of them unless you leave your back door up and invite them in, and even then, only a few will come to your party.

If they are the small ones and they are living in your kitchen, call an exterminator.

Welcome to NC, home of giant bugs, copperhead snakes, horrible pizza, and seriously lacking in a Wegmans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM

61 posts, read 89,816 times
This is the only time to call an exterminator because a clock is only ticking now who knows when you will hear the alarm sound.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:52 AM

2,535 posts, read 2,721,195 times
Well I just read the first page but I'll throw in my 2 cents:

I have lived in 5 states in the past 15 years...never saw 1 cockroach or waterbug until I got to the Carolinas. In every city I've lived in, too - Seven Lakes, Southern Pines, Aberdeen, Fayetteville and Durham. Conway and Aiken in SC. So many roaches. It's gross. At the store I worked at in Aberdeen they were ALL OVER the dumpster pad. It was horrifying going out there at night. But also even at my grandma's big cushy house in an affluent gated gold course community - all over her (finished and furnished) basement. Crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary