U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,169,959 times

Advertisements

This is all good info. Well, except for the Christmas shopping part, since the majority of the year isn't Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
Yep, it's not the TTC area - its the Durant road area. My hubby does a similar commute and it's honestly not that bad if you can avoid peak times (7:45 to 8:15) and 5:30 to 6:15. It picks up earlier in the afternoon on Fridays, especially in the summer. And even on peak times unless there is an accident, you get through the stop and go part pretty quickly - usually 10 minutes or so. I've lived in Wake Forest for 15 years and I hear more complaints about Capital Blvd traffic on this board from people who don't drive it regularly than I do in real life from those that commute daily.
That's perfect. I'll go ahead and disclose that my wife will be teaching and her day starts and ends before peak times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 02:58 AM

9,680 posts, read 23,559,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
This is all good info. Well, except for the Christmas shopping part, since the majority of the year isn't Christmas.

That's perfect. I'll go ahead and disclose that my wife will be teaching and her day starts and ends before peak times.
She should be fine. Hope the hassles in being a teacher here don't bother her too much, Good luck.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,156 times
Default Wakefield to Triangle Town Center

As others have noted, you should avoid Capital between Durant and Wake Forest because that is an annoying bottleneck and is unnecessary for you.

Your best bet to get to TTC is from Wakefield is either
Falls of Neuse to 540 East to Triangle Town Blvd exit
OR
Falls of Neuse to Litchford to Old Wake Forest Rd

Returning to Wakefield from TTC, take 540 West to Falls of Neuse exit.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 AM

3,159 posts, read 6,987,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADinRaleigh View Post
As others have noted, you should avoid Capital between Durant and Wake Forest because that is an annoying bottleneck and is unnecessary for you.

Your best bet to get to TTC is from Wakefield is either
Falls of Neuse to 540 East to Triangle Town Blvd exit
OR
Falls of Neuse to Litchford to Old Wake Forest Rd

Returning to Wakefield from TTC, take 540 West to Falls of Neuse exit.
I disagree. The time it would take to avoid the 1/2 mile of "bottleneck" would take longer than to just go straight up Capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or