U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 01:54 PM

142 posts, read 151,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasey View Post
I hope this isn't what we're in for:

Just got Google Fiber in Austin, TX - Spiceworks
It's already different here. There have been no neighborhood signups, they picked spots and started burying conduit and prepping for the rest of the infrastructure. That alone should take a decent chunk of time out of the equation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:31 AM

1,729 posts, read 2,063,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisereg View Post
It's already different here. There have been no neighborhood signups, they picked spots and started burying conduit and prepping for the rest of the infrastructure. That alone should take a decent chunk of time out of the equation.
I know a few neighborhoods already have cabling run in them. Nothing has happened besides those, so we could still see that happen to us in other areas.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 AM

8,313 posts, read 11,884,218 times
It is not clear how they will do it. Evidently the fiber hood process still may factor in on where they start actually building the infrastructure and setting up service first. The only thing they have done so far is run the conduit and install boxes, no fiber has been pulled in anywhere as far as people have seen.

I live right near the first fiber hut they set and jog and drive past it and some of the major conduit runs that will feed it all the time. Believe me, the minute I see them with spools of fiber, I will post it here. In fact the other day, they were coming back with a rock crew finishing some spots they couldn't do with the equipment they had during the initial run.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:07 AM

6,028 posts, read 5,823,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
There's a Google Hut two blocks from my house! Yippee!!
Walked over to church on Sunday, which is right next to the Google Hut location, and there was a big hole and a giant truck there...clearly they are working on it. Yippee!!!

Old 11-20-2015, 09:57 PM

21 posts, read 24,992 times
Anyone figure out what they are putting along Chatham St. near Abbey Rd. Tavern? Looks like it is black conduit on big spool?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 AM

452 posts, read 941,942 times
Anybody know if the fiber conduit going in along the edge of my development along Forestville near 401 is Google? If not who's fiber is it?

Old 11-27-2015, 01:16 PM
DPK

3,983 posts, read 4,381,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasek73 View Post
Anybody know if the fiber conduit going in along the edge of my development along Forestville near 401 is Google? If not who's fiber is it?
That's near Wake Forest isn't it? If so it's probably not Google Fiber. I don't think WF is included in the roll-out plans. That and I think they're doing a lot of work currently in just the Cary/Morrisville areas.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:47 PM

8,313 posts, read 11,884,218 times
They've recently started in Raleigh as well.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:54 PM

452 posts, read 941,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
That's near Wake Forest isn't it? If so it's probably not Google Fiber. I don't think WF is included in the roll-out plans. That and I think they're doing a lot of work currently in just the Cary/Morrisville areas.
Near Wake Forest but we are in Raleigh 27616. I guess only time will tell. We have a Fiber Hut about 2 miles from our development.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:02 AM

79 posts, read 79,782 times
Morrisville here, I do see them out with the orange conduit. I work on Weston, and they've been putting in what I imagine is data conduit there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or