U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 06:03 AM

3,951 posts, read 2,679,847 times

Advertisements

I hope it settles down or Rudinos is going to lose a regular customer. Can't even pick up a pizza anymore. Although I'm sure the tenants are loving the extra traffic as tbonzie said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 09:20 AM

7,702 posts, read 10,083,611 times
Well, if many people don't come due to it, it is a double edged sword. But I'm sure it will die Down to a normal level soon.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:19 AM

15,749 posts, read 23,998,422 times
It will die down. This is what Publix was like when it opened and now you go to Publix in the middle of the day and no one is there (relatively speaking). Lots of people off this past week and over-excited about the opening. My DD's friends are all Asian and when she got together with them this week it was all they were talking about LOL.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:41 AM

14,312 posts, read 17,526,265 times
Speaking of Publix, we were looking for a dry aged rib eye steak for Christmas Eve dinner and left it too late. Harris Teeter was sold out. I refused to pay the inflated Butcher's Market price. Then I remembered our trips to Publix shortly after they opened, and recalled that they were selling prime dry aged beef.

I called all the local stores. Nope. Finally, one of the meat managers told me that corporate eliminated the prime aged beef in their Triangle stores because it wasn't selling.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:05 PM

134 posts, read 99,572 times
Back when there was a Kroger at NC 55 and High House, that place was jam packed for about the first week or two after opening and the entire parking lot was completely full. That same Kroger shut down three years later due to low sales. I agree that H-Mart will eventually be a lot less busy.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:39 PM

144 posts, read 116,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
They have a phone app that lets you accrue points and also redeem coupons like this:
Ahhhh, of course there's an app for that!!! It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks cat_link and DPK

Old 01-03-2017, 08:00 AM

84 posts, read 145,939 times
Yesterday was my first trip there - store is very nice and much more organized than the one I used to go to in Catonsville, MD.

The nicest thing is the number of cashiers - most, if not all, of the lines were open and all had baggers there to speed things along.

For those of you saying that you expect traffic to die down, have you been to the Grand Asia Market in Cary - that place is a madhouse most anytime of day, both parking-wise and inside

Same was true for the H-Mart I used to go to in MD, parking lot was almost always full everyday of the week.

I expect the same will likely happen here.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:15 AM

3,951 posts, read 2,679,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edglock21 View Post
Yesterday was my first trip there - store is very nice and much more organized than the one I used to go to in Catonsville, MD.

The nicest thing is the number of cashiers - most, if not all, of the lines were open and all had baggers there to speed things along.

For those of you saying that you expect traffic to die down, have you been to the Grand Asia Market in Cary - that place is a madhouse most anytime of day, both parking-wise and inside

Same was true for the H-Mart I used to go to in MD, parking lot was almost always full everyday of the week.

I expect the same will likely happen here.
If that's the case then I'd be pretty pissed if I were another tenant in the building.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:19 AM

14,312 posts, read 17,526,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
If that's the case then I'd be pretty pissed if I were another tenant in the building.
The "madhouse" at Grand Asia didn't exactly help Burlington Coat Factory.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:19 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,294,789 times
So what are the best things to get from the eateries inside, from those with experience themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary