U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 01:19 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
So what are the best things to get from the eateries inside, from those with experience themselves?
Haven't ate every spot yet, but the Korean fried chicken(from bbq chicken)(so far I had their original golden olive, secret sweet spicy, hot spicy)it was delicious, was in line for a while that first time, but it ended up being worth it, though it is high but its actually a good portion size. Last visit I got the half(like 12.99) boneless, with fries(2.99, though there is a 10 combo/fries with a smaller amount of chicken), easily feeds two.

Think I'm getting some ramen at either udon or tsuki next time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 09:04 PM

100 posts, read 78,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
So what are the best things to get from the eateries inside, from those with experience themselves?
I went to the H Mart food court yesterday & the soondooboo jjige (with and without noodles) from So Gong Dong Tofu House looked very good. Unfortunately they were no longer accepting orders for that particular dish by the time I got up to the cash registers, so I didn't get to try it myself. I was a little overwhelmed at that point, so I ended up getting beef gyudon from Don-Don instead. It was good, but I would not go back for it there. I also tried the custard delimanjoo & they were quite tasty.

I'm looking forward to hearing other peoples' suggestions!

Old 01-04-2017, 11:04 AM

405 posts, read 500,707 times
How does the food court work? Do you order at the food place then go elsewhere to pay? Pick-up food at the counter or do they bring it to your table? Are take-out orders available?

Old 01-04-2017, 11:10 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,468,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_link View Post
How does the food court work? Do you order at the food place then go elsewhere to pay? Pick-up food at the counter or do they bring it to your table? Are take-out orders available?
Just like any other food court. Have you ever been to one in a mall? They each have their own "booth" or counter-space, and a menu. You order, you pay, they give you the food, and you walk it over to a table and eat it. You take your tray and dump your trash when you're done.

Instead of Chick Filet and Sbarro, they have Asian themed food vendors. That is the only difference. (one cool point, they all have their menus on nice, HD Displays. Very modern looking)

Old 01-04-2017, 11:25 AM

279 posts, read 239,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Just like any other food court. Have you ever been to one in a mall? They each have their own "booth" or counter-space, and a menu. You order, you pay, they give you the food, and you walk it over to a table and eat it. You take your tray and dump your trash when you're done.

Instead of Chick Filet and Sbarro, they have Asian themed food vendors. That is the only difference. (one cool point, they all have their menus on nice, HD Displays. Very modern looking)
This is not how it worked when I was there last weekend. Everyone orders at the same counter no matter what restaurant your food is coming from. After you pay your receipt has a number on it. When your food is ready they call your number and you go over to the specific restaurant your food is coming from and pick it up and then go to a table. When you are finished eating you bring your tray and all trash, plates, etc. back to the specific place you picked it up from and give it back to them.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:34 AM

542 posts, read 344,189 times
The food court is actually very confusing. There is also a ramen sushi restaurant on the other side that currently only accepts cash, but you can place an order without waiting in the long queue.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:49 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,468,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosjester87 View Post
This is not how it worked when I was there last weekend. Everyone orders at the same counter no matter what restaurant your food is coming from. After you pay your receipt has a number on it. When your food is ready they call your number and you go over to the specific restaurant your food is coming from and pick it up and then go to a table. When you are finished eating you bring your tray and all trash, plates, etc. back to the specific place you picked it up from and give it back to them.
Thanks for this, and apologies for my wrong answer.

I based it on having seen the place (but I admit, I didn't order). We were there just before 11, so most places were not actively serving. It looked just like the food-court at Crabtree to me, 'cept for the different food and vendors.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:22 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,239 times
Quote:

Well in case of H-Mart there is only one line(2 registers) that cover every vendor vs having a register per vendor, you order from that one line and pick up your food from the vendor you wanted to eat from. Well I guess you can ignore this as I see somebody has answered that question as well.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:

I avoid malls like the plague and haven't been in one in over a decade. But I am aware of the process.

The few times I've been in an H-Mart or similar with a food court the process looked quite different. Language was a barrier each time so I was unable to be instructed.
As busy as this new market is I'd prefer to learn first rather than jam up the process and delay every one else. I operate under the assumption that being considerate is appreciated across cultures.

I freely admit when I may be ignorant of something. Doesn't mean I'm stupid though.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:47 PM

Thank you - this is helpful. Plus my hearing is poor when there is background noise so sitting close to the correct booth will give me a better chance of hearing my number called.

From your description I assume that if one wanted dishes from multiple vendors then the orders would be separately rung with several numbers issued?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary