Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 09:01 AM

454 posts, read 492,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Wow, looks really nice. The Google translation of that web page is pretty amusing!
HAHA!

"The beef tendelion is at $ 80 a pound for sam's, and now it costs $ 60.
I was worried because I did not think to live."

I can't wait to get over there. It looks great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 08:14 AM

269 posts, read 319,893 times
Has anyone gone there in the last couple of days? I'm just wondering how the crowds are.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM

5,804 posts, read 6,853,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
Has anyone gone there in the last couple of days? I'm just wondering how the crowds are.
I was there yesterday (Wednesday, 12/28) around noon, for my first visit. The line for the food court was out the front door, making getting in a little tight. Still very crowded inside. Hopefully, it is a combination of being newly opened and folks off for the holiday. I am going to wait a couple weeks before trying again.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:05 PM

11,198 posts, read 8,234,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
I went there early on 12/27 and it was not too bad at opening time. I think the key is to go early, or during off hours.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:47 PM

75 posts, read 70,863 times
I was there today around 11 am and the store was a little crowded but not too bad. The food court line was just starting to queue up and I would have imagined a 10 min wait or so until you were waited on. We didn't eat there because it was so confusing what and how to order. The store is amazing though!!!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:18 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,862,824 times
Went again today...well it's 1am now so yesterday, went at 3, food court line was much shorter(the real issue of why it is so long is there is only one line(2 registers) covering all vendors vs having a register per vendor). It all depends on what time you go, if you go early you can beat the crowd some what, you might have to still park toward the far end of the parking lot, but you'll still be able to find one(first few days it was terrible)

Old 01-01-2017, 08:23 PM

197 posts, read 207,359 times
I went there yesterday late evening. I got lucky at parking by catching someone leaving but several cars were circulating trying to find a spot. It was still crowded inside, everyone bumping shopping carts, but not terrible. The meat and seafood sections are incredible, it's definitely worth a trip from Durham (took me about 30 min). Thanks all for keeping up with this thread! Oh and a girl before me at the cashier had a barcode on her iPhone and the casher scanned it. Does anyone know what it is about?

Old 01-01-2017, 08:43 PM

436 posts, read 667,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellurium View Post
I went there yesterday late evening. I got lucky at parking by catching someone leaving but several cars were circulating trying to find a spot. It was still crowded inside, everyone bumping shopping carts, but not terrible. The meat and seafood sections are incredible, it's definitely worth a trip from Durham (took me about 30 min). Thanks all for keeping up with this thread! Oh and a girl before me at the cashier had a barcode on her iPhone and the casher scanned it. Does anyone know what it is about?
Perhaps it is their loyalty card? I think there is an app that lets you load loyalty card info to your phone.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:55 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,696,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellurium View Post
They have a phone app that lets you accrue points and also redeem coupons like this:

Old 01-02-2017, 01:45 AM

610 posts, read 743,227 times
I went over to Doherty's late afternoon on New Year's Eve. It's just around the corner from the H-Mart. Parking was a PITA because it seems all of Morrisville and W Cary were at H-Mart. When we came out of the restaurant, someone was waiting for our spot. There never used to be much traffic in that plaza, even when the Lowes was there.

I must admit, H-Mart has brought traffic into that plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary