Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 06:17 AM

580 posts, read 711,626 times

Advertisements

I was at the new CineBowl (West Cary) last night for their pre-opening party.
We really liked it!
We watched the new Minions movie in their Extreme theater (like IMAX)- I think the screen was 5' tall. Kids loved it! The sound is amazing but it does get a little loud for anyone that might be sensitive to that.

The bowling alley is fun which is right off a huge bar. The DJ was a nice addition. There are tons of TVs especially in one section that reminded me of Vegas

An arcade upstairs- not too big but nice.

We peeked into one of the other theaters and it's very cool. Recliner type chairs with pull out trays so you can eat/drink during the movie.
I think you can order 30 min or so before your movie begins and they bring you the food.
I also like how you can pre-order tickets and pick your seats.
In the Extreme theater, I noticed that each aisle is labeled and each seat has a number.

Overall, great place. Think it's a good mix of fun for everyone. I hope it does well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 06:34 AM

152 posts, read 208,907 times
Did you get to sample the food? Is it really restuarant quality?

Also, I hope that the screen is 50 feet tall and not 5 feet

Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 AM

386 posts, read 605,292 times
Never been to CineBowl but another nice theatre in the area is Stone Cinemas - Park West 14 in Morrisville. Comfortable seats, big screens and clean and on Tuesdays it's only $5 for movies!

Not sure how I feel about assigned seating for movies. I went to one of those theatres though before and it was nice!

Old 07-10-2015, 07:09 AM

678 posts, read 737,404 times
I'm excited for the Cinebowl! The Carmike theatres here are awful! Fayetteville has better Carmikes than the Raleigh-Durham area. Plus, I don't have to go over to Southpoint AMC as much now to see a good movie.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRule99 View Post
Did you get to sample the food? Is it really restuarant quality?

Also, I hope that the screen is 50 feet tall and not 5 feet
ha! I just came on here to fix that because I realized as I was driving to work that I should have wrote 5 stories

Old 07-10-2015, 07:18 AM

There was a lot of food last night! I did not eat much since I am gluten free. There was burgers (I hear there will be a discounted burger night), pizza, pigs in blankets, mini hot dogs, mac and cheese bites, lots more I can't remember.
Of course, popcorn for the movie

I also heard there will be a ladies night and I think they also do a discounted Tuesday deal.

The bar is large and right off where the bowling alleys are. DJ is right there too. It's a fun atmosphere.
I can see it packed during the day with families and packed at night with adults.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:21 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
Never been to CineBowl but another nice theatre in the area is Stone Cinemas - Park West 14 in Morrisville. Comfortable seats, big screens and clean and on Tuesdays it's only $5 for movies!

Not sure how I feel about assigned seating for movies. I went to one of those theatres though before and it was nice!
I agree about the seating and sound quality at Stone.

The new seats at Carolina Theater in downtown Durham are fabulous.

And we're looking forward to the new seating and other renovations going in at Carolina Theater on Grove Barton Rd (even though Brier Creek is much closer, we support that theater because they regularly show small indie movies, foriegn films and documentaries. Even when we want to see a big box release, we drive to Grove Barton.)

Old 07-10-2015, 08:12 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Now that looks awesome. Thanks for your review. Between this and the Cobb CineBistro opening soon, it looks like Cary does a good job of attracting these high-end establishments.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
There was a lot of food last night! I did not eat much since I am gluten free. There was burgers (I hear there will be a discounted burger night), pizza, pigs in blankets, mini hot dogs, mac and cheese bites, lots more I can't remember.
Of course, popcorn for the movie
I was thinking about going tonight, but I haven't been able to find a menu online to see if there's anything for someone who's GF.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I was thinking about going tonight, but I haven't been able to find a menu online to see if there's anything for someone who's GF.
I should have asked last night but the staff was busy! I tend to just have a burger in a lettuce wrap when a place doesn't have a GF menu.

Check their FB page- I think they started updating it a bit with the menu, etc.

I think tomorrow is the shopping center's family day and CineBowl is going to show Despicable Me 2 (I think).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary