Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:09 PM

8 posts, read 14,349 times

Advertisements

Hi-We will be moving from NJ to Cary,NC in August. Looking for movers. If anyone can suggest someone they know of or have utilized services in past. Appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 05:18 PM

333 posts, read 287,311 times
I moved recently from NJ to the Triangle and strongly recommend Wade Odell Wade which is a United Van Lines company. They kept to their estimate, and I was lucky in that I had a truck to myself (not the huge tractor trailer type). The packers were great, the loaders were too, and the unloading team (locals) super as well.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
You'll get more responses if you Ask on the appropriate NJ board.

Welcome to the Triangle.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:06 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
How To Hire The Best Moving Companies | Clark Howard

Old 07-16-2015, 02:11 PM

13 posts, read 12,363 times
If you want to hire full service movers, you have quite a few options like Atlas Van Lines, United Van Lines and Two Men and a Truck. Since they are full service, they would visit your home, get an idea of packing all the stuff and give you an estimate. But they were a bit steep for me. (not saying they are pricey b'coz they include a lot of service).
While moving from Columbus,OH to NC I used ABF UPACK. They would leave a trailer/cube at your door for 3 days to put your stuff in. They would typically deliver it in 3-4 business days to your destination and leave it for 3 days to unpack. You can do the loading/unloading yourself or hire local help. They worked awesome for me considering the price and great service.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:27 AM

235 posts, read 423,455 times
we used ABF U-Pack from NJ to NC. They were great!

Old 07-17-2015, 11:37 AM

454 posts, read 495,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrix View Post
we used ABF U-Pack from NJ to NC. They were great!
We did the same a couple of years ago. It worked well for us. We packed the truck but hired some guys to unpack because our bodies were still broken when the truck got here LOL

The guys who unpacked were from Superior Moving Systems in Durham. They were really polite, my walls were scuff free, and one dude even gave me some screws to replace some that got lost in the move (my fault since I packed).

Old 07-17-2015, 02:46 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You'll get more responses if you Ask on the appropriate NJ board.
Exactly. You need NJ-based movers, so that's where you'll find the folks who know them. I don't think movers stratify themselves by destination, do they? So just "suggestions of good movers from NJ" would be a NJ forum question, seems to me.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:50 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Actually, the people in the NJ forum would not have moved yet, so they would not necessarily know of a good long distance mover who can move them to NC.

OP, I'd go with ABF U-Pack. I wish I could remember the name of my mover so I could warn you away. Sometimes the moving companies subcontract out jobs, which is exactly what happened to me, and to make a long story short that mover said they were never going to use them again (tidbit: the guy tried to hold my stuff hostage AND wanted to sleep over in my apartment)

Old 07-17-2015, 05:59 PM

454 posts, read 495,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norasmom View Post
... And wanted to sleep over in my apartment

whaaaaattttt?!?!?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary