U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 01:15 PM

454 posts, read 838,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
Soo Café on Capital!
+1 for Soo! Worth the drive from Cary.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:20 AM

4,598 posts, read 9,319,712 times
Soo is totally worth the drive to Capital. I can't wait to see what this Golden Pig place ends up being. Crazy they don't have a website up yet!

Old 07-31-2015, 03:03 PM

745 posts, read 1,118,402 times
The fried chicken at Cafe Soo is good but their can't miss dish is the kalbi (barbecued short ribs).

Old 02-19-2016, 01:50 PM

8,773 posts, read 5,889,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Since you are in Cary, I'll give you something to watch for.

Golden Pig Korean Restaurant is going to open on W. Chatham near High House. It's in the old Casa de las Enchiladas building. The place has a horrible track record, but they seem to be putting some lipstick on that Golden Pig, so my fingers are crossed.

I like a lot of worldly cuisines, but am not that up to speed on Korean (save for the standards like Kim Chee, Boulgogi, and Bipmbop or whatever that's called). I'll need to try some of this fried chicken, sounds pretty tasty.
Finally made it to Golden Pig for dinner last night (second time there, other time was mid-day lunch). They have the fried chicken, it's not on the menu, but I asked and they said it is a special. I think it was $17.95 and looked to be enough chicken to fill two of the Colonel's biggest buckets. Two of us didn't come close to eating half of it. I have never had the dish before, so nothing to compare to, but it was REALLY good. Smothered in a hot sauce that seemed to be based with Hoisin and Peanuts (just guessing). Really hot, really messy, really good. GF couldn't eat much of it, too spicy for her, so we got dumpling soup too, which was insanely delish.

I recommend this place highly. Please go there. It's good, the service is friendly, and I want to see them succeed for selfish reasons (so I can go back).

Old 02-19-2016, 01:53 PM

16,643 posts, read 21,515,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Finally made it to Golden Pig for dinner last night (second time there, other time was mid-day lunch). They have the fried chicken, it's not on the menu, but I asked and they said it is a special. I think it was $17.95 and looked to be enough chicken to fill two of the Colonel's biggest buckets. Two of us didn't come close to eating half of it. I have never had the dish before, so nothing to compare to, but it was REALLY good. Smothered in a hot sauce that seemed to be based with Hoisin and Peanuts (just guessing). Really hot, really messy, really good. GF couldn't eat much of it, too spicy for her, so we got dumpling soup too, which was insanely delish.

I recommend this place highly. Please go there. It's good, the service is friendly, and I want to see them succeed for selfish reasons (so I can go back).
Sounds very good - but not the standard Korean fried chicken. Which is typically wings and no peanuts.

But I'll be sure to go when they do not have kareoke or a chopstick contest scheduled.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:56 PM

29 posts, read 29,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneshka View Post
This? Soo Café - 72 Photos - Korean - Raleigh, NC - Reviews - Yelp

I haven't tried them personally but I have friends say that the fried chicken was good.
This is the best Korean Restaurant in town!

Old 02-19-2016, 02:09 PM

16,643 posts, read 21,515,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Schwartz View Post
This is the best Korean Restaurant in town!
Have you even tried Golden Pig?

Old 02-19-2016, 04:13 PM

105 posts, read 177,420 times
Soo is amazing

Old 08-10-2016, 03:22 PM

44 posts, read 42,257 times
This just in... BBQ Chicken USA is opening a location in the new H-mart in Cary. Can't go wrong with their selections as I've frequented their establishment for Chicken and Beer in Virginia.

That and the bakery Tous Les Jours - Tous Les Jours Bakery - (also in the Hmart) are going to be welcome additions to the Triangle!

Old 08-10-2016, 07:48 PM

75 posts, read 59,195 times
I have been to Soo's and it is AMAZING!!!!!!! Their chicken is incredible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or