U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 01:50 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,438,643 times

Advertisements

So I've been here a year and some change(Cary), and have been hankering some Korean Fried Chicken, it's delicious, there is a spot in Greensboro that I used to go to near the Super G-Mart. Any one know of a place I can hit up, also any Korean taco joints(there was a spot I found in chapel hill and it broke my heart when I went there only to find they had closed up shop. Think there is another joint in Chapel Hill(think it's called lucho tigre) haven't tried it out yet.

There was another place I found on Hillsborough st. in Raleigh that had my bulgogi, but I found hair in my food, and when I showed the guy that it was hair, he plucked it off and gave me back the plate instead of remaking the meal(so that place is off the list).

So please, provide me a list of places, (Doesn't matter where in the triangle), that I can get my fix.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 01:54 PM

33 posts, read 54,641 times
This? Soo Café - 72 Photos - Korean - Raleigh, NC - Reviews - Yelp

I haven't tried them personally but I have friends say that the fried chicken was good.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:05 PM

386 posts, read 496,020 times
Soo Café on Capital!

Old 07-17-2015, 02:05 PM

116 posts, read 146,801 times
No idea, but there is a Korean food truck showdown tonight at the Duraleigh Presbyterian Korean Church on Duraleigh, 6-8. The Hanu truck there has a fried chicken cutlet.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:09 PM

8,594 posts, read 5,771,260 times
Since you are in Cary, I'll give you something to watch for.

Golden Pig Korean Restaurant is going to open on W. Chatham near High House. It's in the old Casa de las Enchiladas building. The place has a horrible track record, but they seem to be putting some lipstick on that Golden Pig, so my fingers are crossed.

I like a lot of worldly cuisines, but am not that up to speed on Korean (save for the standards like Kim Chee, Boulgogi, and Bipmbop or whatever that's called). I'll need to try some of this fried chicken, sounds pretty tasty.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Since you are in Cary, I'll give you something to watch for.

Golden Pig Korean Restaurant is going to open on W. Chatham near High House. It's in the old Casa de las Enchiladas building. The place has a horrible track record, but they seem to be putting some lipstick on that Golden Pig, so my fingers are crossed.

I like a lot of worldly cuisines, but am not that up to speed on Korean (save for the standards like Kim Chee, Boulgogi, and Bipmbop or whatever that's called). I'll need to try some of this fried chicken, sounds pretty tasty.

Thanks I'm going to have to try that out when ever it opens and it is(korean fried chicken)

Old 07-17-2015, 05:58 PM

Aneshka and Pbctong thanks I will try it out

Old 07-17-2015, 06:08 PM

2,842 posts, read 3,447,185 times
I had to google Korean fried chicken to see what it was all about. Now I want some!

Old 07-18-2015, 07:42 AM

3,499 posts, read 4,577,859 times
Email/call Bonchon and ask them to come to the Triangle!

Corporate - Bonchon Chicken

Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM

16,473 posts, read 21,265,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Email/call Bonchon and ask them to come to the Triangle!

Corporate - Bonchon Chicken
It's a franchise. Have a go at it, Tarheel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or