Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 PM

770 posts, read 2,748,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa0628 View Post
I have a question, we received an estimate from a contractor and I feel it's a little high, however I've never painted an entire home-2400 sq. feet w/ crown and baseboards in all rooms. Can anyone give me a ballpark of what is would cost?
I'm not surprised at some of these high estimates . I was quoted $600 to paint hall,stairs (2 story) I did it in 2 hours and $15 paint - it's not brain surgery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 AM

237 posts, read 913,734 times
Default I am bored

I am a retired fireman only 38 did my 20 years and bored i have painted alot of my rentals and i disagree i have been in 100's of homes and work with good and bad painters and if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. the guy ussually you pay is not even a painter ( in most company's ) No one is going to do a better quality job and take there time to make sure it is perfect on your home than you. Hit me back I will come help you can pay me something fair and most likely save alot. bob

Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 AM

932 posts, read 1,267,103 times
Some people are better at painting than others, just as some contractors are better than others.

I happen to be HORRIBLE at painting. And since things like that, aren't hubby's cup of tea either, that's something we would hire someone to do.

Last time we painted, my dad came in and did all the trim around floors and ceilings and doors and stuff, and we filled in the big areas. He's getting older now, and not as strong and whatnot, so next time I think we'll have to bring someone in.

Recommendations are so important with this though! Definitely get names from others...

Old 01-25-2008, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,301 times
I was guessing around $6,000- the $12k seems high, but like others said, there are a lot of variables. We used Prep-Rite last year for our exterior and they did an awesome job-

Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 AM

34 posts, read 186,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
I guess I'm just of a different mind set, but come on folks. Do you realize how easy it is to paint your own home? Why would you pay $4000-$12,000? That is insane! About $500 worth of quality paint and a little effort and it's done! Even the patch work is simple. But hey, if you got the bucks and don't mind paying for something you and the wife can do on a 3-day weekend, all the more power to you. Just me 2-cents.
Travelmate: I actually have a husband who travels a majority of each month so unfortunately it's not realistic for us to paint our entire home before settling in. . . you should probably consider that others have different situations than you. And this home requires a little more than a little spackle and a coat of paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary