Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:37 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,647 times

Advertisements

Hi Nursing Girl

I like Ashworth a lot, and, as I live in an adjacent neighborhood am always driving by to see if there's anything on the market. I may upgrade from Cornerstone park eventually.

I wonder which house you like? There's one down the end of Eden Park drive which looks gorgeous when you drive down to it...but I always wonder how the owners kept the water out when a North Carolina storm hit.
It was on the market for 575 about a year ago and sat there for months before the Californian owner gave up. Now its a more reasonable 530. Around the corner there's a slightly uglier house for 485. I tried to look at this place but the agent was so hopeless that I gave up. I asked for pictures of the house and she sent me trees. Its been on the market for about 6 months now without a price reduction.

..and yes, the builder was Centex. Ashworth had really good appreciation in the early days. If you are in the upper end Ashworth price range, I wouldnt recommend the David Weekly houses on the same street. They are really nice houses, but massively overpriced as he paid a fortune for that little piece of land. Plus, Ebenezer road can become a little noisy with an industrial estate and a quarry on the opposite side of the road from where you are looking.

Best of luck

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 PM

546 posts, read 2,417,601 times
We live close to that neighborhood. There is very little airplane noise but you are 7 minutes to the airport! Shopping is easy and lots of kids around. They always have halloween parties, etc. Plus a neighborhood pool... I think you would be happy there.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 AM

10 posts, read 35,944 times
You are correct we are considering the Eden Park home, thanks for the info on it Big M. It was beautiful on the outside and even better on the inside with a huge kitchen and wide open 1st floor. Why would you think theres an issue with drainage? Is that due to the fact that you are going down a hill to the cul de sac there? I did notice there was a "pond" behind the house to the left as well and I think there is a drainage easement in the backyard. I did like that it was far from Ebenezer though, as was the home on cushing st you speak of.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 20,630 times
Something to check out...

I heard while ago that there were plans for an adult entertainment/strip club across the street from Ashworth Estates. I am not sure if the plans fell through or not... I understand everyone was outraged with the news and probably tried to fight it. Again, I don't know the outcome but you might want to check it out and make sure if this would be a concern for you.

Other than that, it is a nice neighborhood... one of the few newer neighborhoods in that area to have a pool.

Good luck!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:04 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjb22 View Post

I heard while ago that there were plans for an adult entertainment/strip club across the street from Ashworth Estates. I am not sure if the plans fell through or not... I understand everyone was outraged with the news and probably tried to fight it. Again, I don't know the outcome but you might want to check it out and make sure if this would be a concern for you.

Other than that, it is a nice neighborhood... one of the few newer neighborhoods in that area to have a pool.

Good luck!
I thought that was further up 70, closer to the airport and Angus Barn?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjb22 View Post

Good luck!
Would this be a good thing or a bad thing???

Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 20,630 times
Good or bad... hmmm... never thought of it as a good thing particularly with kids but if you are in to that sort of thing, I guess it be would good! Hey, all you have to do is cross the street, you don't even have to drive! haha

I am not sure of the exact location... I just heard it was across the street from this particular neighborhood but I could be wrong. Just figured I'd let whoever know what I heard so they can investigate the details further and find out exact location/plans if they are concerned about it. I would hate for anyone to have that sort of surprise after they bought (I'd certainly want to know), that is all.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,647 times
I think Tlh is right. I also thought the potential club was supposed to be on Glenwood, near the Toyota monstrosity. Some land is being stripped (lol) near there at the moment. Not quite sure what that is but don't think it's going to be a club.

There is a couple of adult video places nearby, one on Glenwood and one on Westgate. I am always amazed when I head to the airport at 6.30 on a Monday morning with how many people pull in and pull out of the Glenwood location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary