Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 05:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,354,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Not trying to be a smarta$$ but doesn't Obama care have coverage for college students or subsidies for those with low income? I've had Medicaid so I'm pretty familiar with the qualifications.
I thought ACA allowed for dependent children up to age 26 can be covered by the parents?? Is that only if they have a policy registered under ACA..and Medicaid does not apply?

Yike's your system down there totally confuses me since it differs from State to State....depending if their State accepted Medicaid expansion or not...So yep..sounds like OP is in the wrong STATE..

Not much informations being supplied..have no clue if in school/college/working/disabled or anything? So guess at this point it's anyone's guess???

Old 07-31-2015, 07:38 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,203,048 times
Quote:
Not trying to be a smarta$$ but doesn't Obama care have coverage for college students or subsidies for those with low income? I've had Medicaid so I'm pretty familiar with the qualifications.
Some states didnt adopt the ACA and dont have the same benefits/savings/programs. NC is one of those states. There are still subsidies, but not nearly as good as in other states.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:52 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,354,522 times
Back in high school I worked at a UPS sort facility. I was the youngest one there because UPS provides benefits for part time employees. The hours were 4 hours a day, 7-11pm and was perfect for parents to work while providing health coverage for their family.

Perhaps trying getting a job that provides health insurance?

Old 08-01-2015, 07:44 AM

360 posts, read 719,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Back in high school I worked at a UPS sort facility. I was the youngest one there because UPS provides benefits for part time employees. The hours were 4 hours a day, 7-11pm and was perfect for parents to work while providing health coverage for their family.

Perhaps trying getting a job that provides health insurance?
UPS dropped health insurance for part timers and spouses when Obamacare passed and all the major companies (especially retail) from what I've seen and read changed healthcare coverage to full-time workers only unfortunately.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
UPS dropped health insurance for part timers and spouses when Obamacare passed and all the major companies (especially retail) from what I've seen and read changed healthcare coverage to full-time workers only unfortunately.
When will we join the civilized world and adopt a single pay system? I think all the confusion and difference in coverage state to state is intentional and unessecary. You either do it or you don't ,this current charade isn't helping in the long run. ........end rant.....

Old 08-01-2015, 08:05 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,129,311 times
Quote:
When will we join the civilized world and adopt a single pay system? I think all the confusion and difference in coverage state to state is intentional and unessecary. You either do it or you don't ,this current charade isn't helping in the long run. ........end rant.....
Because "taxes" and "nobody can force me to be insured."

We live in a wildly illogical society.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:31 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,804,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I thought ACA allowed for dependent children up to age 26 can be covered by the parents?? Is that only if they have a policy registered under ACA..and Medicaid does not apply?

Yike's your system down there totally confuses me since it differs from State to State....depending if their State accepted Medicaid expansion or not...So yep..sounds like OP is in the wrong STATE..

Not much informations being supplied..have no clue if in school/college/working/disabled or anything? So guess at this point it's anyone's guess???
ACA allows for dependent children to be covered up to 26, but if the parent doesn't choose to do so, then the adult children are on their own. At least, that's how I see it. Our son's girlfriend wasn't covered under either parent's insurance, because they chose not to.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
Are you sure?

Edit: You are incorrect. Gotta love Fox News parrots.

UPS Part-Time Benefits | TeamstersCare 25

Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
My understanding was that was the original plan, but Obama and the Dems compromised for the Republican side in order to get the bill through.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:46 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
My understanding was that was the original plan, but Obama and the Dems compromised for the Republican side in order to get the bill through.
I know, that's my feelings as well. Not to turn this thread into a debate but half A$$ing it isn't fixing the problem it's just replacing with new ones. I wish Americans would come together on this one thing at least. They should of never compromised knowing it would undermine the whole operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary