Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 PM

67 posts, read 210,596 times

Advertisements

My husband & I have a date tomorrow (finally) We have a babysitter lined up & cant wait! I want to go somewhere "different" Ya know those places that arent well known but have fabulous service and food! Preferably North Raleigh area

We are both tired of the chain restaraunts. We are looking for a place with a hidden corner booth & very relaxing where we can order a beer or wine & hang out for a while. We are not picky about cuisine either....

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahnc View Post
My husband & I have a date tomorrow (finally) We have a babysitter lined up & cant wait! I want to go somewhere "different" Ya know those places that arent well known but have fabulous service and food! Preferably North Raleigh area

We are both tired of the chain restaraunts. We are looking for a place with a hidden corner booth & very relaxing where we can order a beer or wine & hang out for a while. We are not picky about cuisine either....

Thanks
I don't want to be responsible for sending you to a place you don't like, and I don't go out to eat in N. Raleigh that often anymore, but I have heard good things a bout MArgaux's on Creedmoor Road. I havn't been there, but you might want to check out the website. If you are into tapas my wife and I have gone to Oliver Twist which is also on Creedmoor road. They are both in strip malls but have a unique look to them.

If anything else, this post gets your thread bumped back to the top were more people will chime in. Have fun wherever you go!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:04 AM

67 posts, read 210,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Cool - both of those places look great! I will have to check those out!
Thank you!

Im open for other ideas if anyone would like to post......Thanks -

Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
I would second NRG's recommendations...both great. I've done dinner at Margaux's followed by dessert and drinks at Oliver Twist and that was great. Another awesome spot is Jibarra. Its a very upscale Mexican restaurant...no combo dinners there for sure. I've been there twice now and rank it among my favorite area restaurants.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:40 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
Another awesome spot is Jibarra. Its a very upscale Mexican restaurant...no combo dinners there for sure.
I have heard very good things about that place too. I hope to check it out one day soon.

JIBARRA . Modern Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Lounge (http://www.jibarra.net/triangle.area/intro.htm - broken link)

Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 AM

217 posts, read 1,117,352 times
South at North Hills is really good. Also, if you were willing to travel to the Five Points area, I would suggest Hayes Barton Pharmacy. The food is great and the desserts are out of this world. Very unique atmosphere.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Another cool place at Five Points is NoFo at the Pig. Its a funky place downstairs from an eclectic market in what was once a small Piggly Wiggly grocery store (where I shopeed during college). The food is good and the atmosphere is quite relaxed. They also have booths where you can enjoy that wine and/or beer!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:55 AM

145 posts, read 663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster07 View Post
South at North Hills is really good. Also, if you were willing to travel to the Five Points area, I would suggest Hayes Barton Pharmacy. The food is great and the desserts are out of this world. Very unique atmosphere.
Agree it's Hayes Barton Cafe though -site is here About (http://www.hayesbartoncafe.com/About.html - broken link) The desserts are awesome - my favorite is the carrot cake followed closely by the Peanut Butter Mashmallow fluff pie - yummy! My husband like the coconut cake, I don't care for coconut but many people say it's the BEST around. They were written up this month in the Our State magazine if you get that it's a great article!

Also have heard good things about Bloomsbury Bistro . Nationally Renowned Cuisine . Raleigh, NC 27608 . 919.834.9011 in Five Points anyone been there?? It's on my list to try.

I wouldn't say Nofo is romantic but it is a fun place and I LOVE their sweet potatoe fries

A little further downtown off Peace St towards Historic Oakwood is 18 Seaboard and that is very romantic and excellent service and food!!

Cindy

Old 01-25-2008, 11:22 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We love Jibarra; that's my husband's first choice for date night. The cocktails are expensive but so so dreamy. Marguax's is also excellent. We have been to Bloomsbury Bistro and their food is fantastic, but for some reason our infrequent date nights are often on Sundays and they aren't open then.

We like Hayes Barton Cafe, but it is just crazy crowded so I don't know that I'd go there for a Saturday night date.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 AM

770 posts, read 2,753,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahnc View Post

Thanks
MY wife and I , together with another couple went to the Umstead last evening. That is one spectacular hotel!
We ate in the bar , had a couple of appetizers and an entree each. The drinks were a trifle expensive $14 for cocktails $6 for beer
But the services and layout are knockout , top notch. We had super comfortable sofa and chairs for the evening with no rushing , very attentive service.
I will be going again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary