Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 04:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Weird, we had terrible experiences with Crown Honda and I'd heard the same from a few sources.

We've bought 2 Hondas from Cary Autopark. Very good experiences. First time was in person, and I'd done a ton of research and they agreed to my number right off (at which point I kicked myself for not starting lower). The second time, I'd gotten quotes from a few dealers and was getting ready to drive to Sanford when I emailed Cary once more to tell them thanks for their time. They matched and saved me the hassle. We were in and out of there surprisingly quickly doing all the paperwork and picking up the van.
We had the same experience with a local dealership matching the price on what I found in Pinehurst AFTER the local dealership had told me a week before that they had given me their best price. They offered to match, and I said no thank you, that I would stick with the more honest dealership who gave me the best price without the haggling. (I never gave Pinehurst Toyota a number, just told them to give me their best out the door deal).

We picked up the new car yesterday, in and out in less than 2 hours including financing (through USAA, so it took a bit longer than usual), linking the phones, transferring the plates and trying to explain all the bells and whistles to us. Thoroughly great experience with Pinehurst Toyota.

And it was a pretty drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 04:19 PM

5,870 posts, read 6,938,908 times
I have had two good experiences with AutoPark Honda in Cary (Leith) and one bad experience with the Honda dealer in Chapel Hill (Hendrick).

Once you know what you want, do all negotiations via e-mail. Negotiate for an "out-the-door" price, which includes tax, title, dealer bs fees, etc, etc. Be prepared for the F&I folks to try to sell add-ons at closing.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:20 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,738,912 times
For the people who first talked to Autopark Honda, did you ask for Danny Williams or just figured out what salesperson approached you when you went to buy? I'm just asking because Danny Williams at Autopark Honda in Cary is always on the radio and seems to be doing heavy marketing and looks to try to offer the best price. (Yes, I do listen to Bob and the Showgram 105.1 and I know everyone has their opinions of him, but I "cycle" through all the stations on my 40 min commute to work!)

Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,204 times
We did not initially visit the dealer, but had requested a quote through their internet sales, or perhaps via Edmunds.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:30 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,613,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
For the people who first talked to Autopark Honda, did you ask for Danny Williams or just figured out what salesperson approached you when you went to buy? I'm just asking because Danny Williams at Autopark Honda in Cary is always on the radio and seems to be doing heavy marketing and looks to try to offer the best price. (Yes, I do listen to Bob and the Showgram 105.1 and I know everyone has their opinions of him, but I "cycle" through all the stations on my 40 min commute to work!)
I just went on their website to see if I could remember who helped me with my used Highlander purchase. Danny Williams is the General Manager, which might explain why you hear him on the radio. The salesman who I worked with was Mark Williams, and I liked him (probably no relation). I will admit, however, that I didn't negotiate on the price of the Highlander. I knew from my weeks of used car shopping that the price was very fair, and the condition of the vehicle was outstanding for being 10 years old w/94K miles. The only thing missing was a rear headrest, which Mark managed to replace for me a few weeks later which I thought was very nice. Anyhow, that's my Autopark Honda experience in a nutshell!

PS - Two years later I'm still loving my car and there haven't been any issues (knock on wood). Hope to have it for a long time!

Old 10-26-2015, 04:45 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,738,912 times
Just for readers here to know and for future reference/searching - we ended up buying a 2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite from Autopark in Cary. We also checked out Crown in Durham, and I also emailed various dealers across the state for prices. No one could beat Autopark. They were offering a great deal on the 2016 Odyssey already even when they have 2015s on the lot (probably because the 2017 is a complete redesign anyway).

The only thing about buying from Autopark is that it is a high-volume dealer, so you may not get a lot of attention if you want to haggle on $100 discounts or other small stuff. They sell many cars a day - compare that to Sanford Honda, etc.

Funny thing is always watching the General Sales Manager sitting in that big room with the glass window, instant messaging all of the sales consultants whether he can go lower on the price or not. He tries to not look up from his computer, but he's sitting right in front, trying to avoid eye contact.

Time for heavy family hauling duty around the Triangle and across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary