Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:03 PM

15 posts, read 99,522 times

Advertisements

Since the Church street in Morrisville has been closed, finding way out of Morrisville to 40 or 147 has been a night mare. Closing Church St. / NC 54 was the most ridiculous, foolish, asinine thing a-h did. This was "the" dreaded thing for several of us when we heard first.

Today, I heard my neighbor say that she was considering to move out of Morrisville due to the traffic pains. That was the first, but can see her point, esp. going through the trouble every single day in the AM, (turning left from Church St. to Mc Crimmon) and in the eve. (Left on to Mc Crimmon from NC 54)

Starting a thread to see how other Morrisville resident's are coping up, seeking therapy or other as they go through the pains every single day during commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 11:23 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,380 times
I would not live anywhere near there for that reason.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:39 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runlevel0 View Post
Since the Church street in Morrisville has been closed, finding way out of Morrisville to 40 or 147 has been a night mare.
They built Keystone Park Drive, which connects Church Street north up to Hopson/Page Roads. It's like directly north of the old Church Street and NC-54 connection.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 AM

610 posts, read 746,295 times
Why did they close Church Street?

What I hate is when they work on all three streets at once: Morrisville Parkway, Morrisville Carpenter, and McCrimmon. I'm like - "GUYS!!!!"

Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,601,554 times
My office is right next door to the post office on NC54. I hate that area of 54 between Morrisville Carpenter/Aviation and McCrimmon.

The other day, I left work at 4:15 PM and headed towards Cary on 54. I was immediately stopped at a huge backup at Morrisville Carpenter. It took me a few minutes to advance far enough to see what the holdup could be at only 4:15. It turns out that the light in my direction was only staying green for 15 SECONDS. That was enough time to let 8 cars through the light. This is something that can easily be fixed.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:29 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
I would not live anywhere near there for that reason.
Me neither. And it's only going to get worse. They are filling up all those newly built buildings up north on NC54 by 540. I actually interviewed for a job up there and was hoping I would not get an offer because I didn't want to have to make a decision about dealing with that traffic. I actually would have just taken 540 and paid the toll to get home instead of dealing with that whole McCrimmon/54/Church St. debacle.

I'm sure the people on Keystone Park Drive are just thrilled with now being a cut through.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:37 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
Why did they close Church Street?
They are slowly trying to remove all of the at-grade railroad crossings. With this latest project they removed the crossings at Hopson and Church, now they have to work on McCrimmon, Morrisville-Carpenter, and Morrisville Parkway.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:03 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,137 times
I'm not sure where they will move to get better traffic. I think the whole area has increased in traffic in the last 5 yrs. I have a friend in North Raleigh that is 12 miles from work and takes her an hour to get to work. Wake Forest has increased traffic a lot on the last 4 yrs.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:12 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I travel on these roads during non rush hours and there is so little traffic, it is crazy.

I wonder if it would help if people staggered their working times. Trying to get to RTP at 8 AM or 9 AM is a chore. Trying to get there at 10 AM is no problem!

Work earlier, leave earlier or work later, leave later. Does everyone have to be at work at the same exact time?!!

Old 08-30-2015, 08:32 AM

360 posts, read 516,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I travel on these roads during non rush hours and there is so little traffic, it is crazy.

I wonder if it would help if people staggered their working times. Trying to get to RTP at 8 AM or 9 AM is a chore. Trying to get there at 10 AM is no problem!

Work earlier, leave earlier or work later, leave later. Does everyone have to be at work at the same exact time?!!
Sadly, yes. Well, mostly. Workplaces are increasingly flexible in hours at your desk, but so many people are also time constrained by kids' school and activity schedules. I could show up at 9:30am but probably not 10am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary