Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Blo is in Brier Creek. Bryan IS excellent, but as the owner of the salon, has an even higher price tag than Bonnie. Blo Salon – Best Hair Salon in Raleigh | and replaced with A Lot of Hot Hair.
Is he worth it?

That's the real question.

I have fine hair. There's quite a bit of it, but it is fine. And sometimes, it's curly. And sometimes, it is not very curly. It's a head full of contradiction.

I have noticed that very few stylists can deal with hair like mine.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:54 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
"Worth it" is subjective.

I've seen and had both Bryan and Bonnie cut my hair. I've seen their work on others many times. IMHO, Bonnie excels with short haircuts or those who want something a little extreme (like Mikey Cyrus' half shaved, half bob.) She's extraordinarily talented with those kinds of precision cuts.

Bryan seems better with longer hair, straight or layered. But I've seen Bonnie turn out some beautiful work with longer hair and a curling iron.

I've never seen either one of them deal with curly hair. Not to say they can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
"Worth it" is subjective.

I've seen and had both Bryan and Bonnie cut my hair. I've seen their work on others many times. IMHO, Bonnie excels with short haircuts or those who want something a little extreme (like Mikey Cyrus' half shaved, half bob.) She's extraordinarily talented with those kinds of precision cuts.

Bryan seems better with longer hair, straight or layered. But I've seen Bonnie turn out some beautiful work with longer hair and a curling iron.

I've never seen either one of them deal with curly hair. Not to say they can't.
Exactly. I have sort of short hair, I guess. Around shoulder length, just barely.

I feel like I need a different cut/color combo lately, and I just feel like most hairdressers really want people with long, luxurious manes. They are like a blank canvas.

Sounds like Bonnie might be the better option for someone like me?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:55 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,315 times
I actually have very curly hair, but am planning to do like one of those keratin treatments or something to relax the curls. I want to wear straight hair for fall and winter, and would like someone really talented to cut and highlight it. But so far, I've only had one guy over in Raleigh cut my hair, and it was NOT good. Since then, I get on a plane and fly to NYC and get my hair done at a salon that specializes, and almost exclusively does curly hair, and sells their own curly hair product line. The salon is called Devachan Salon, and they created Deva Curl products. This summer I flew to Boston to see some friends, and got it cut at a curly hair salon there; not as good a job as NYC, but respectable. The simple truth is that every stylist just doesn't understand curly hair, or how to cut and style it with the correct products. As for Bryan being expensive, that's not an issue for me; the owner of any given salon always has the most expensive prices in the place.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
I actually have very curly hair, but am planning to do like one of those keratin treatments or something to relax the curls. I want to wear straight hair for fall and winter, and would like someone really talented to cut and highlight it. But so far, I've only had one guy over in Raleigh cut my hair, and it was NOT good. Since then, I get on a plane and fly to NYC and get my hair done at a salon that specializes, and almost exclusively does curly hair, and sells their own curly hair product line. The salon is called Devachan Salon, and they created Deva Curl products. This summer I flew to Boston to see some friends, and got it cut at a curly hair salon there; not as good a job as NYC, but respectable. The simple truth is that every stylist just doesn't understand curly hair, or how to cut and style it with the correct products. As for Bryan being expensive, that's not an issue for me; the owner of any given salon always has the most expensive prices in the place.
Did you try this guy?

Curl Lounge - Home

I have a friend with natural spiral curl who uses him and loves his work.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Exactly. I have sort of short hair, I guess. Around shoulder length, just barely.

I feel like I need a different cut/color combo lately, and I just feel like most hairdressers really want people with long, luxurious manes. They are like a blank canvas.

Sounds like Bonnie might be the better option for someone like me?
I can say this: I have a short pixie cut. I've had that haircut for decades, at varying lengths of 'short'. Bonnie has done a better job than ANYONE with making that cut look feminine (versus the butch look that many hair dressers achieve). She is constantly learning, and never hesitates to ask for help from Bryan or other stylists in the shop.

One of the things I like about BLO is the emphasis on continued training. The staff get it all the time, each and every month. I've been used as model several times for those training sessions.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:40 AM

52 posts, read 59,809 times
Brandon at Mark Christopher Salon. Amazing.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:03 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Did you try this guy?

Curl Lounge - Home

I have a friend with natural spiral curl who uses him and loves his work.
Yes, I called him sometime earlier this year, and was told he had like a two month waiting list!! I just couldn't wait that long, but I heard he's quite good. But now that I'm looking to chemically straighten my hair, I won't need for some time now anyway.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:58 PM

600 posts, read 3,448,071 times
Bobby Belden @ Tanas in Cary.

Streamer1212

Old 09-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Yes, I called him sometime earlier this year, and was told he had like a two month waiting list!! I just couldn't wait that long, but I heard he's quite good. But now that I'm looking to chemically straighten my hair, I won't need for some time now anyway.
Yeah. If her hair is any indication, he is worth every day of that 2-month wait. When you feel ready to go curly again, book him in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary