U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 AM

298 posts, read 747,999 times
We've been living in Ravenstone since last July, and we have the Tyler. We looked at the Adams, but decided to go with the smaller floor plan and load it up with upgrades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM

140 posts, read 408,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
Thanks arsbadmojo. I told my wife we have to paint half the house NC Blue, and the other half Duke blue. How did the move go?

MH, my drives a Nissan. lol Do you live on Weathervane?

I do, My house has the twisted topairy tree's out front. I live next door to the couple building an English Garden in thier back yard. I also moved in last July. From NH

Old 01-28-2008, 01:33 PM

719 posts, read 2,124,266 times
Quote:
We've been living in Ravenstone since last July, and we have the Tyler. We looked at the Adams, but decided to go with the smaller floor plan and load it up with upgrades.
The Tyler is my current favorite, too! How funny and wonderful! For us, this is going to be the "big" floorplan, considering we currently live in a 2BR apartment. Did you choose to do the Loft as the 4th BR? I want to go with the upgraded kitchen (double ovens) and covered patio. Not so sure about the island though. Gotta love that MBR closet!! How do you like the window seats?

I'm so full of questions, I hope you don't mind too much.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,502,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
The Tyler is my current favorite, too! How funny and wonderful! For us, this is going to be the "big" floorplan, considering we currently live in a 2BR apartment. Did you choose to do the Loft as the 4th BR? I want to go with the upgraded kitchen (double ovens) and covered patio. Not so sure about the island though. Gotta love that MBR closet!! How do you like the window seats?

I'm so full of questions, I hope you don't mind too much.
Dave has the loft, we did the 4th bedroom conversion. We did get the island and love it. So did Dave...are you going to be in the area anytime soon?

Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM

Machine Head, ok got ya. Nice house. Maybe we should get together for a beer or 3. lol

ibeg4sushi, we went with the loft. We didn't need the 4th bedroom. I know arsbadmojo went with the 4th bedroom, so you might want to ask him how they like it.

We went with the upgraded kitchen (Microwave over the oven, and gas cook top) and covered patio plus more. If you ever want to stop by and check it out let me know.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:01 PM

719 posts, read 2,124,266 times
Quote:
Machine Head, ok got ya. Nice house. Maybe we should get together for a beer or 3. lol

ibeg4sushi, we went with the loft. We didn't need the 4th bedroom. I know arsbadmojo went with the 4th bedroom, so you might want to ask him how they like it.

We went with the upgraded kitchen (Microwave over the oven, and gas cook top) and covered patio plus more. If you ever want to stop by and check it out let me know.
I might do that! We are planning on coming up for a trip in May though..... Thanks for the info you guys! I am so excited!! Can ya tell? :P lol

Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Anytime.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,667,534 times
Ok, so there is someone out there with the Tyler and the Adams. We looked at another KB community and came real close to building one, but I guess I wondered about those floorplans. I wasn't sure about having the two living spaces right next to each other with that low wall. How does it work out for you? I guess I'm wondering how you use those spaces. Don't get me wrong, I really think they are super nice. In fact, sometimes I wonder if we should have done it (we bought a resale instead), but after all the upgrades, we'd be pushing ourselves. Also, what elementary does Ravencroft go to?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:18 PM

324 posts, read 868,665 times
OMG you guys are to fast for me. I also just bought in Ravenstone. They are going to start building mid-February. All three of the people who have posted have been a lot of help to me! What great connections on here . They might be taking away standard features in February but their options list has come down a lot in price. We are about to have our first appointment at the design studio next week. I'm pretty excited! We are building a Woodland. There are not many homes sites left in stage 3... I think about 6 or so and then they opened up a bunch of corner lots that were previously used for construction purposes. They will keep opening these up throughout the community as they wrap things up.

If they do acquire that land for a phase 4 they will likely be more expensive homes as the land is going to cost a lot more.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:21 PM

140 posts, read 408,340 times
I too have the Tyler. We use the open loft for a gym/computer room. As for the two living rooms side by side we plan on turning the entry into a lounge area with fully stocked bar. We have no kids so it fits our lifestyle.

Dave, I'm always down for a few beers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary