Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 07:55 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atony View Post
The best food truck I've had in the area is by far KoKyu.
I'd forgotten about KoKyu since it seems like Flip and his team have been concentrating more on the new bricks and mortar lunch location. Yes, KoKyu and KoKyu Ondo are both tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I can't claim to know the inner workings of a TV show, but I'd think if their food was not good now, they'd have lost long ago...based on my infrequent watching of the show. I haven't eaten their food yet, I have had ChirbaChirba and it was good.
They've been near the bottom of the standings on several legs of the race. It's difficult to say exactly how they've done because they've not announced the revenues of each truck at each leg. Obviously this is problematic and "reality TV" can lead to some...err..questionable results at times (the portrayal thus far is that in the weeks Pho Nomenal finished in next to last place, they just did slightly better than the last place finisher), but this might give you an idea:

Leg 1 (Santa Monica Pier, CA & Lake Havasu City, AZ)
1st place - Waffle Love ($4,977)
2nd place - Postcards ($3,215)
3rd place - GD Bro ($3,103)
4th place - Diso's Italian Sandwich Society ($2,955)
5th place - Spice It Up ($2,643)
6th place - Pho Nomenal ($2,318)
7th place - Guava Tree (???)

Leg 2 (Flagstaff, AZ)
1st place - Spice It Up ($5,279)
2nd place - Waffle Love ($4,864)
3rd place - GD Bro ($3,470)
4th place - Postcards ($3,209)
5th place - Pho Nomenal ($15 more than Diso's)
6th place - Diso's Italian Sandwich Society (???)

Leg 3 (Santa Fe, NM)
1st place - Waffle Love ($5,017)
2nd place - Postcards ($4,688)
3rd place - Pho Nomenal ($4,658)
4th place - GD Bro ($4,654)
5th place - Spice It Up ($4,574)

Leg 4 (Amarillo, TX)
1st place - GD Bro ($13,124)
2nd place - Waffle Love ($12,673)
3rd place - Pho Nomenal ($12,310)
4th place - Postcards (~$9,893)

Leg 5 (Tulsa, OK)
1st place - Waffle Love ($5,150)
2nd place - Pho Nomenal ($4,107)
3rd place - GD Bro (???)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:49 AM

88 posts, read 128,311 times
The only food truck my wife and I ate from when they were in Lake Havasu City was Pho...not impressed. But I do like the girls(personality) better than the guys on Waffle Love. I don't think the winners are necessarily the best "Food" Truck but rather the best hustlers and marketers..

Old 09-24-2015, 09:02 AM

99 posts, read 216,390 times
I had them at Caniac Carnival for the first time and I really liked them. But I only had the dumplings, I didn't try the other stuff. I normally am obsessed with Chirba Chirba but have been kinda over them recently (we're lucky to have so many amazing food trucks out here that I can have one enough that I'm ready for the next big thing). I thought the ladies working the truck were very friendly though. Oh and my kid had the tempura chicken nuggets and plowed through them. So he was a fan, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary