Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 PM

699 posts, read 1,706,432 times

Advertisements

Love this story.

Police: Woman beat burglar with bedpost | abc11.com

Raleigh woman armed with bedpost fights off intruder - Wake County - NewsObserver.com

Victoria Jones was getting ready to step into the bathtub when this neer-do-well entered her home intending to rob her. She ripped the bedpost loose and started swinging. Knocked him out. Broke his ankle. Then went back to her bedroom to put something on before the police arrived.

Wish I could meet her. She sounds like quite a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Saw her on the news last night. Pretty fast thinking to grab the bed post. The other guy looks worse, by the way!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,881 times
Good for her!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM

When my mother heard that her son and her sister (9 y/o's) were in the living room and didn't make a peep because he told them to keep quiet, she said that if that had been her kids, they would have been the next to get it with the business end of that bedpost for not alerting her to what was going on.

Last edited by PatRoy1; 01-24-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 06:39 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
She's got to be a strong woman to tear off a bedpost! good for her! I'd have probably stabbed him with my nail scissors creating a rather non-fatal wound, sprayed him in the eyes with hair spray or deodorant, and finished him off with the toilet brush And while he was on the floor laughing at me, I'd make a run for it

bravo to her!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM

107 posts, read 143,855 times
She may have a legal problem. She admitted on air that AFTER the punk lay unconscious, she decided to beat his legs with intent to do further damage so he could not get away when he came to. That could easily end up biting her. I hope not, but it very well may.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM

862 posts, read 3,549,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCfolks View Post
She may have a legal problem. She admitted on air that AFTER the punk lay unconscious, she decided to beat his legs with intent to do further damage so he could not get away when he came to. That could easily end up biting her. I hope not, but it very well may.
Hopefully, a good attorney would argue that she was ensuring that with his legs injured, he couldn't get up and do more harm to her. Come on now, how many movies have we seen where the perp was supposedly unconscious or dead only to wake up and hurt or kill the person that knocked them out in the first place.

Smart lady to think like that in the heat of the moment.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
NC folks is right actually. This happened to someone I used to know, he was taken to court by a thief whom he caught red-handed, in his car in a downtown Raleigh parking lot one night. The guy was laying half in/out of the car trying to rip out his stereo. My friend decided the only thing he could do to stop the guy was to slam the car door on his legs....he did. The thief cried like a baby and the cheek to ask my friend why he did that. Police were called and the thief was able to bring assault charges on my friend. it went to court.

if she gets charged, it will only be b/c the police have to do this. They will be rooting for her to get off I imagine.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 AM

809 posts, read 2,188,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCfolks View Post

I agree. When I heard her say that my heart dropped. Personally, I would have hit him in the head one more time to make sure he was down for the count until the cops arrived.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 AM

An older gentleman is serving a 7 year manslaughter sentence in Washington right now for shooting and killing a drug-addled young man who was on his property, intend on stealing from him for the seventh time. When the older gentleman told them to get off his property, the young man and his girlfriend got out the of the pickup anyway, coming toward him, taunting him. He shot the guy. The girlfriend hopped by in and got out of there.

The police searched the young man's place of residence and found all sorts of carpentry tools and other items belonging to the older guy but the judge would not allow that evidence to be admitted. The girlfriend claimed they were there in answer to an ad about a pickup for sale. Though she couldn't produce the ad and couldn't explain why they didn't leave when he told them to.

It is not beyond belief that this Victoria Jones would be sued for assault. Since he was inside her home and since she wanted to be sure he didn't rally and harm the kids, I would hope he wouldn't get far with that.

But my heart dropped too when I heard her say she hit him one more time to keep him from getting away until the police got there. Wish the TV station had left out that part of the interview.

If she gets charged, I'm contributing to her defense fund.

I need to see about getting bedposts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary