Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:16 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times

Advertisements

We listed our house about 10 days ago, but have had zero showings. We were wondering if anyone thinks that the recent weather could be a factor? Our realtor thinks it could be. Someone else said to me that only the most dedicated or desperate of home buyers have probably been out looking in this weather, and not to get anxious about it yet. Just wait and see what happens when the weather improves. It is supposed to be nice today, right?! What do you think? Could this really be a factor? Have you noticed a slow down in showings over the past week with the storm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
If I were still house hunting, the weather definitely would've effected my desire to go see houses. Who wants to trot around town seeing multiple houses when the weather is icky?

Old 10-06-2015, 10:17 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
If I were still house hunting, the weather definitely would've effected my desire to go see houses. Who wants to trot around town seeing multiple houses when the weather is icky?
MY clients!!!

Old 10-06-2015, 03:01 PM

You may want to read this article:

10 Signs That Your Home is Priced Too High

I've noticed lots of builders are marking down their inventory homes in preparation of the colder weather coming.

Location plays a huge part in how quickly your home will sell. Your Realtor should be able to give you an idea of how quickly homes in your neighborhood are selling.

However, 10 days with no showings would make me do SOMETHING!

Old 10-06-2015, 03:35 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
I notice the OP says Mebane as the location. Is the property in the triad or the triangle?

Old 10-06-2015, 05:35 PM

913 posts, read 884,831 times
We always preferred house hunting in the rain. Lets us see how the house is affected by any moisture issues, grading, leaks and so forth.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I notice the OP says Mebane as the location. Is the property in the triad or the triangle?
Our house is in Mebane, on the Orange County side. Mebane spans the Orange/Alamance county line, but neither the Triangle nor the Triad seems to want to claim us. We are sort of part of both and part of neither at the same time. Because we are in Orange County, I self-identify as Triangle though.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
I'll let the realtors weigh in but I'd imagine the Mebane market isn't as hot or fast moving as ones closer to Raleigh/DURHAM. What's the average time on market in your area for other homes recently sold?

Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM

I am sure that the market in Mebane is not nearly as hot as it is in Wake County. I have only been tracking homes in my particular neighborhood, not in Mebane in general. But in my neighborhood, we have been seeing 3-4 closings per month lately. For the 3 that closed in September, the DOM were 5, 25, and 121. There were 4 that closed in August and the DOM were 4, 7, 55, and the last one was not MLS listed so I don't know. There are currently 3 active listings including mine. One of the others just listed right around when I did. The other one has been listed for >6 months (has a big ugly wheelchair ramp in front that is probably their problem). Based on that, I was expecting that inventory seems low and we might have more interest faster. I did interview 4 different realtors who did CMAs for me, and I did not pick the highest one to list with, but I didn't pick the lowest one either.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
I am sure that the market in Mebane is not nearly as hot as it is in Wake County. I have only been tracking homes in my particular neighborhood, not in Mebane in general. But in my neighborhood, we have been seeing 3-4 closings per month lately. For the 3 that closed in September, the DOM were 5, 25, and 121. There were 4 that closed in August and the DOM were 4, 7, 55, and the last one was not MLS listed so I don't know. There are currently 3 active listings including mine. One of the others just listed right around when I did. The other one has been listed for >6 months (has a big ugly wheelchair ramp in front that is probably their problem). Based on that, I was expecting that inventory seems low and we might have more interest faster. I did interview 4 different realtors who did CMAs for me, and I did not pick the highest one to list with, but I didn't pick the lowest one either.
I don't really know the Mebane housing market so hard to say much BUT a house that sold in 5 days...how similar to your home is it? The one that sold in 25 days? Similar? A good comparable?
Why did the one that took 121 days take so much longer? Was it listed higher and sold once they reduced it?

Four agents that did CMA's. They should have been within 5% of each other. Otherwise, they were just "buying a listing".

We should all use the most similar comps. So...if there were 6 comps and agent #1 used 3 of the highest and agent #2 used 3 of the lowest, they would be very different CMAs. The idea is to find the one MOST similar and that is why I say they should have all been within 5% of each other.

Why do sellers think agent #1 can get them a higher selling price than agent #2??? Agents don't set the market...buyers do!

Oops...almost FELL off my soapbox! So many misconceptions. Ok. This class is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary