Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:37 PM

613 posts, read 746,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
I think what he means is most people in the US originate from elsewhere, regardless of whether they were born here. The only true natives are the Native Americans is what I think he is getting at.
Maybe but very poorly written. You have a lot of people who's lineage dates back to the 1600's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 03:27 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
But with so many people moving here even since we arrived in July 2014, the space and solitude we enjoy now may be lost.
I love the very people who moved somewhere relatively recently now complaining that "too many people are moving where we moved!"

Your neighbors thought the same thing when you showed up, ya know...

Old 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM

236 posts, read 186,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
I think what he means is most people in the US originate from elsewhere, regardless of whether they were born here. The only true natives are the Native Americans is what I think he is getting at.
I wish people would realize that policies that were effective during the formative years or colonization of the United States is not necessarily the right policy to handle today's growth. Back in the day, women and blacks weren't allowed to vote, but because it worked once upon a time in history doesn't mean it would work now. We need to control growth and stop trying to solve the problems of every other country on the planet.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keadlez View Post
I wish people would realize that policies that were effective during the formative years or colonization of the United States is not necessarily the right policy to handle today's growth. Back in the day, women and blacks weren't allowed to vote, but because it worked once upon a time in history doesn't mean it would work now. We need to control growth and stop trying to solve the problems of every other country on the planet.
You are so right.

No more room at the inn especially for the low skilled folks whose jobs we sent to places like communist China.

Time to control growth and cut off dependence on foreign trade.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I love the very people who moved somewhere relatively recently now complaining that "too many people are moving where we moved!"
Ditto!

The way some people think access to their area should be controlled is downright scary.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:57 AM

31 posts, read 94,045 times
It's also true that the new wave of immigrants are not on birth control. At least that's my best guess. Mexicans have huge families, and those families have huge families, and it goes on and on. Perhaps part of the proper vetting could be learning about birth control. Of course a huge number who read this will be gasping in disbelief.
I am not a cruel person and I am happy to welcome those who want a piece of this nation, but it has to be done in a lawful fashion. Just think about the laws we all have grown up with, do you think immigrants come over here knowing how to conduct themselves? So, my thought is LEGAL immigrants....welcome. ILLEGAL, turn around and go through the process. Now, go ahead, shower me with your hate.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:23 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenry57 View Post
It's also true that the new wave of immigrants are not on birth control. At least that's my best guess. Mexicans have huge families, and those families have huge families, and it goes on and on. Perhaps part of the proper vetting could be learning about birth control. Of course a huge number who read this will be gasping in disbelief.
I am not a cruel person and I am happy to welcome those who want a piece of this nation, but it has to be done in a lawful fashion. Just think about the laws we all have grown up with, do you think immigrants come over here knowing how to conduct themselves? So, my thought is LEGAL immigrants....welcome. ILLEGAL, turn around and go through the process. Now, go ahead, shower me with your hate.
Just curious as to why you chose a thread asking about traffic in a town in North Carolina to go on a rant about Mexican immigrants ...especially when you're in Indiana?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:35 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenry57 View Post
I'll refrain from the hate showering, as difficult as it is.

With the new government in office, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be attempts to reverse Roe v Wade. Funding to Planned Parenthood is in jeopardy.....before you know it, birth control will be illegal. Welcome to 2017 going on 1952. Back to the past. Scary stuff.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:55 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,589,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I'll refrain from the hate showering, as difficult as it is.

With the new government in office, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be attempts to reverse Roe v Wade. Funding to Planned Parenthood is in jeopardy.....before you know it, birth control will be illegal. Welcome to 2017 going on 1952. Back to the past. Scary stuff.
Don't feed the troll.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:59 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,584,478 times
Try leaving earlier. If I am out the door at 630 there's a lot less traffic and then I leave work by 4 and beat most of it. 540 is a mess so the earlier you get on it the better, oddly 40 seems to be better than 540 most Days.

I'm not going to feed the troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary