Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:13 PM

49 posts, read 152,080 times

Advertisements

I second Fins (not Blue Fins, just Fins--they used to be in North Raleigh and recently moved downtown Raleigh). Very creative, fresh and flavorful with great service.

I have been to Margaux's twice and didn't really like it, but it always rate high with the general population.

I also love Second Empire, I've had great Tuna there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
I will have to say that the last time I went to 42nd street the food was almost inedible. A couple of us simply could not finish our meals it was so bad. I haven't been back. I know some people have had good experiences, but just wanted you to beware.

We also ate at 42nd Street recently, and had a similar experience. The place was crawling with senior citizens.. and the younger people must have all been at the trendy places downtown.. or glenwood south.

20 years ago, there wasn't much downtown, and 42nd street was *it*.

Sad to say, they may have lost their edge.. especially if they can't draw in the young people that love their "inside the beltline/downtown" living

We won't go back - it just wasn't worth the price.. all the food tasted the same.. and believe me, we all had different seafoods, so this isn't a good thing.

**very disappointed**

Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
I must say that I think I had the best seafood ever from a local seafood restaurant last night and that was from Shucker's. I've eaten at 42nd, Backfin's, McCormick and Schmick's, Kemp's, Mayflower, and Capt Stanley's so I've had seafood at every level of the price spectrum and Shucker's was just downright good.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
Shucker's gets my vote! If you sign up on their website or facebook (sorry, can't remember which it was), you'll get a coupon for a free appetizer. Their crab/lobster dip is excellent! Their clam chowder and seafood chowder is great too!

I usually get their lobster tails. They ARE frozen (I asked) but they steam them so you would think they are fresh!

Vicki

Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,673,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
www.shuckersoysterbar.com/

This place as been around FOREVER..
shuckers is awesome but NOT fancy - very casual, although i have seen people 'dressed up', they always look out of place to me LOL

Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I must say that I think I had the best seafood ever from a local seafood restaurant last night and that was from Shucker's. I've eaten at 42nd, Backfin's, McCormick and Schmick's, Kemp's, Mayflower, and Capt Stanley's so I've had seafood at every level of the price spectrum and Shucker's was just downright good.
So what's the consensus on McCormick and Schmick's?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM

242 posts, read 593,866 times
I went to McCormick & Schmick's over the weekend and everything was delicious. I had the lobster and my husband had the catfish. The mac & cheese and collard greens were delicious too. We highly recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary