Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:20 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,416,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
I'm not sure what "fresher" has do with it. My point is that Talenti was held up as an example of an "awesome" product that doesn't use thickeners, HFCS, etc., which clearly isn't true.
Sounds like I struck a nerve... Do you have stock in Blue Bell?

I have yet to see Talenti with HFCS. Dextrose is used in minuscule amounts and not to sweeten a product. Big difference there. I'm sure the HFCS in Blue Bell is not used to sweeten it because it costs less than sugar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 03:05 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,351,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Sounds like I struck a nerve... Do you have stock in Blue Bell?

I have yet to see Talenti with HFCS. Dextrose is used in minuscule amounts and not to sweeten a product. Big difference there. I'm sure the HFCS in Blue Bell is not used to sweeten it because it costs less than sugar
LOL, I didn't even mention Blue Bell. I've never even eaten it. <shrug>

Sounds like I'm the one who struck a nerve by daring to point out the truth regarding your precious Talenti.

Last edited by carolinadawg2; 10-17-2015 at 04:17 PM..

Old 10-17-2015, 05:01 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,022,276 times
Ring the bell, it's the Talenti take down.smh

Old 10-18-2015, 06:00 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,351,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
That very well could be the case. Growing up we always had Breyers as the good ice cream. It wasn't till I didn't have any for several years then started buying again that I could tell something wasn't right. I couldn't put my finger on it but the texture seemed off and it wasn't creamy at all. I thought it was just me for awhile till my inner nerd took over and I googled "Why doesn't Breyers taste as good as it used too?". I got my answer and have only purchased the flavors legally able to be labeled ice cream since. I hate to say it but "frozen dairy dessert" sounds like something cheap and artificial. Seems like the more junk they started swirling into it the worse it got. If your packing it with brand name candy bars , something's gotta give to keep it competitive within the price range. For a long time customers were more interested in large amounts of stuff thrown in rather then a quality base product.
Ring the bell, its the Breyer's take down. smh

Old 10-18-2015, 07:38 AM

492 posts, read 1,150,038 times
Geesh, it's just ice cream or ice cream-like dairy dessert. Whatever.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:46 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,895,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
That's right. It's not a healthy choice whatever brand. Myself, I prefer going down with Breyer's Neapolitan cut with milk to make a frozen slurry

Old 10-18-2015, 07:56 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,022,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
"Ice cream like dairy dessert" blasphemy. lol

Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,862,791 times
In spite of the weather had to have ice cream today for some reason.

Thought of this thread while shopping, to see if I could remember the recommendations, HT has a lot of choices.

Thought this is the thread where I laid into Breyers, which used to be heads and tails my favorite but is now deck after they killed the brand. Must be another thread.

In the end went with HT as they are on sale for 2/$6. Not bad, not great, will try Turkey Hill next time.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:36 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,938,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
In spite of the weather had to have ice cream today for some reason.

Thought of this thread while shopping, to see if I could remember the recommendations, HT has a lot of choices.

Thought this is the thread where I laid into Breyers, which used to be heads and tails my favorite but is now deck after they killed the brand. Must be another thread.

In the end went with HT as they are on sale for 2/$6. Not bad, not great, will try Turkey Hill next time.

Turkey Hill is my current favorite. Had edys the other day after a long layoff and it sadly it was "will never buy again" horrible.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:00 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,476,245 times
The company needed to be permanently put out of business for trying to conceal the problem until it became too big to cover up.

Sounds like Takata (airbags) and samsung (washers/phones).

Any store with sense would never accept the risk of dealing with a tainted vendor.

Some jail terms needed to be applied to the management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary