Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 7,074 times

Advertisements

Considered a "guntry club", Triangle Shooting Academy will be one of the largest indoor shooting facilities in the nation. Open to the public, you will have: a VIP lounge with fireplace, 3 training rooms, TSA Cafe offering fresh made bread, soups, meatloaf, burgers, fries, chicken salad, etc.

Also 33 25 yard lanes, rental guns so you can try before you buy, gunsmith, museum area with rare guns, 9000 sf of retail, simulators, and more.

All the info at Triangle Shooting Academy. Hard hat tours on Oct 25, register on the website.

Thanks,

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 10:58 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Thanks for this info..
Shooting classes & concealed carry are on my list this winter !!

Old 10-18-2015, 01:50 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
Homemade soups you say. Will they be shooting out holes in the bread bowls? I'm sorry but you got me "guntry club".
I'm not sure this is anything we exactly need but I'm sure it will be quite successful. Guns and country clubs ,two outdated institutions finally coming together.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:42 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,266 times
My family is impatiently awaiting this opening! Will be nice not making drive to Holly Springs to shoot.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
I looked at it, but if my memory serves, it's quite a bit more than Wake County which is way more accessible to me now using 540 than before. It would be hard to see if it is going to be worth it, especially with Wake County sheriff department evidently building another range over off Hammond Rd which should eventually lead to more availability in HS.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 AM

148 posts, read 171,006 times
Not that I needed another reason to stay far away from Briar Creek, but thanks for the heads up.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:25 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEBeck88 View Post
Not that I needed another reason to stay far away from Briar Creek, but thanks for the heads up.
Why is that? Do you think it will add that much more to the traffic or something like that?

Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM

148 posts, read 171,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Why is that? Do you think it will add that much more to the traffic or something like that?
Good point - the only thing missing from all that traffic-induced road rage around Briar Creek is a higher percentage of those stuck in the traffic still coming down from their trigger-finger high and possibly with a shiny new gun in the back seat. I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm of course joking (mostly). I come from rural PA where if you called something a "guntry club" you'd probably get punched (but thankfully, not shot). So while I have personally evolved from shooting skeet and trap weekly to being anti-gun, my comment was mostly due to the involuntary eye-rolling the description caused me. Fittingly, it is the same eye-rolling that many other Briar Creek area establishments cause, so it should fit right in.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
With the price they are going to charge, I'll likely shoot elsewhere. For the price of the memberships I could shoot a TON other places. I forget where I saw normal range fees for them. However I am sure we will go sometimes since it looks like you can shoot an AR there.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM

703 posts, read 780,265 times
Just to be clear, this club will not be in Brier Creek proper or any of the shopping areas. It's in an industrially zoned area off of ACC Blvd. It's probably still about a mile or so from the WalMart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary