Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 11:59 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,255,968 times

Advertisements

We're a family of four.

We can pay $1900 in rent and my husband is Mr. Safety Conscious (because of childhood trouble).
We love the dog park for our dog.
Kids love playing in pools and at SkyZone.
We're very library oriented.
We homeschool but prefer to be in a good school district in case we need to stop homeschooling.
Kids do tennis lessons and piano lessons.
I LOVE the beach.

Where would you recommend we look for housing if my husband is working in Pinehurst for First Health?

A million thank you's!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:20 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,231,471 times
Pinehurst. It's very nice.

You could do the Triangle, but it would just be an unnecessary commute. If you want more comments from folks who live in Pinehurst you should post in the North Carolina forum and not the Triangle forum.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Pinehurst. It's very nice.

You could do the Triangle, but it would just be an unnecessary commute. If you want more comments from folks who live in Pinehurst you should post in the North Carolina forum and not the Triangle forum.
Oops! I thought I was in the right City Data place. It offers me these. Which one do I want for Pinehurst info. And thanks!!

Charlotte
Coastal North Carolina
Greensboro, Winston, Salem, High Point
Raleigh, Durham
Western NC -- I guess this one.

Thank you!

Alley

Old 10-30-2015, 12:44 PM

5,274 posts, read 3,143,484 times
Just the North Carolina general forum http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/

Pinehurst is really in "no man's land" in the C-D forums, it looks equidistant from Greensboro as it does the Triangle. So the general NC forum would probably be your best bet.

I've never spent much time in Pinehurst, but traveling through I did stop there once and it looked like a nice little town.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:57 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,231,471 times
Yes, just the North Carolina forum. That's where the Pinehurst threads land. There are one or two active NC posters who live in Pinehurst or have lived there so they can probably help you out. It's a nice upscale little community.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:32 PM

369 posts, read 457,984 times
Pinehurst is a gorgeous town. I believe it is one of the safest towns in NC. The schools in Pinehurst are very good, though the schools in some of the neighboring towns aren't as great. I'm not sure if there is a public pool but there are many country clubs and pools you can join. They just completed the new pools (including a giant zero entry one for the kids with a big waterslide) at Pinehurst Country Club and they are fabulous. Tennis is huge in the area so it won't be hard to find tennis lessons/teams to join. I'm sure there are piano teachers there as well. It's an easy drive to the beach. Under 3 hrs to one of the beaches in North or South Carolina.

They don't have places like skyzone there so you'll need to travel to the triangle (approx. 1 hour) or one of the other major cities for those types of attractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary