U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 01:43 PM

170 posts, read 86,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odisn View Post
Really want to try this place. Just need to find time to get over to Durham to do it.
Be prepared to be very patient if you get there after 11:30. Wait for food can be 45 min or more after ordering. The food is delicious but you need to make sure you have time to wait around. Or get there when they open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 02:12 PM

945 posts, read 830,042 times
I skimmed the thread but didn't see the NC Seafood Restaurant at the farmers market mentioned. Fresh, good, and local seafood at a decent price.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:29 PM

5,994 posts, read 7,375,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I skimmed the thread but didn't see the NC Seafood Restaurant at the farmers market mentioned. Fresh, good, and local seafood at a decent price.
I like the shrimp or flounder sandwich for lunch there.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:30 PM

3,908 posts, read 2,388,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvarghese84 View Post
Be prepared to be very patient if you get there after 11:30. Wait for food can be 45 min or more after ordering. The food is delicious but you need to make sure you have time to wait around. Or get there when they open.
I've heard about it but have never made it out there - i'll put it on the list to try

Old 05-12-2017, 05:36 PM

290 posts, read 464,042 times
My vote goes to Squids in Chapel Hill.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 PM

10 posts, read 6,647 times
How is Mayflower on Capital? The food not the atmosphere.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonicusius View Post
How is Mayflower on Capital? The food not the atmosphere.
It used to be very good, but it's been years since we've eaten there.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:32 PM

545 posts, read 606,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Unfortunately for me there isn't one that stands out. Man do I miss growing up and living on the Chesapeake Bay. I occasionally get my saltwater seafood fix by going to Saltwater Seafood Market and getting a takeout from their fry-shack or stopping by the farmers market seafood place. From what I understand the same folks that run that ran Kemp's ..... neither place is coast quality but what are you going do 200 miles away from the ocean
Kemp started the Farmer's market seafood and was pushed out after 5 or so years. That is when he started Kemp's. I know him personally. The problem he had was 1) parking and Durham building permitting (parking lot) and 2) cost of fresh seafood. He changed to the walk up window so that a dinner was affordable for a family. It just didn't catch on after that.

We still recommend the Farmer's market seafood.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernc42 View Post
Kemp started the Farmer's market seafood and was pushed out after 5 or so years. That is when he started Kemp's. I know him personally. The problem he had was 1) parking and Durham building permitting (parking lot) and 2) cost of fresh seafood. He changed to the walk up window so that a dinner was affordable for a family. It just didn't catch on after that.

We left Mayflower for Kemp's. We supported them through all the changes. Loved that place.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:08 AM

22 posts, read 14,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernc42 View Post

Interesting! Didn't know this.. We miss Kemp's.. I loved it when it was a sit down restaurant. We're big fans of the NC Seafood place at the Farmers Market as well. Warning if you've never been there-- portions are HUGE! Especially the popcorn shrimp. Not a bad thing, but just an FYI!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or