U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 01:25 PM

830 posts, read 1,484,587 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't (and didn't) withdraw my kid from a great daycare because the word God came up. I just wish it didn't have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 01:42 PM

20,507 posts, read 25,712,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Happy holidays is fine with me

But if someone says merry Christmas I don't make posts on citydata about oppressive Christians either

I would be thrilled if my kid went to a day care that blended study and ethics from all scripture. And I don't think any Christian would be bothered about quoting the Torah lol

The only thing I would be opposed is explicit endorsement of a particular faith.
When someone is paying a premium price for secular daycare, shouldn't they have an expectation that that's what their child will receive? You know, truth in advertising. . .

The OP needs to discuss this with the director. It's like when the nuns would tell me to convert my relatives. My mother went to the school & talked to the teacher. After several trips to the school about this, she went to the principal & told her that if this continued not only would she withdraw me from the school, she would call the other mothers & tell them why. That solved the problem.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:07 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,452,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
When someone is paying a premium price for secular daycare, shouldn't they have an expectation that that's what their child will receive? You know, truth in advertising. . .

The OP needs to discuss this with the director. It's like when the nuns would tell me to convert my relatives. My mother went to the school & talked to the teacher. After several trips to the school about this, she went to the principal & told her that if this continued not only would she withdraw me from the school, she would call the other mothers & tell them why. That solved the problem.
Wow I cant imagine being so threatened by a pre-meal prayer with no specific affiliation that I should start a campaign to shut down a day care.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:51 PM

2,283 posts, read 2,227,371 times
Quote:
Wow I cant imagine being so threatened by a pre-meal prayer with no specific affiliation that I should start a campaign to shut down a day care.
Who said anything about a campaign to shut down the day care. People have said over and over it is not prayer it is principle and they feel as if they have been misled. Seems like this horse has been beaten to death and you are unwilling to consider any points other then your own and do not seem to have anything helpful to offer the OP.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:35 PM

20,507 posts, read 25,712,278 times
Quote:
Huh?!? Where did you get that?

Old 11-07-2015, 02:02 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,635,080 times
Quote:

I would be thrilled if my kid went to a day care that blended study and ethics from all scripture. And I don't think any Christian would be bothered about quoting the Torah lol

The only thing I would be opposed is explicit endorsement of a particular faith.

Either you were being sarcastic and I completely missed it, or you have no idea what the Torah is.

And asking kids to bow their heads and fold their hands in front of them is an implicit endorsement of a particular faith. And that's the problem.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:01 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,452,082 times
Ok what's the torah?

Old 11-07-2015, 09:10 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,635,080 times
Quote:
Ok what's the torah?
The first five books of the bible.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:05 AM

9,680 posts, read 23,492,142 times
When I grew up in the NYC area, we had a minute of silent prayer every morning.

You could pray to any deity, review for a test, or plan the evening's date with your girlfriend.

All you needed to do was to be silent.

So, what's wrong with that?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:14 AM

5,988 posts, read 7,368,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
When I grew up in the NYC area, we had a minute of silent prayer every morning.

You could pray to any deity, review for a test, or plan the evening's date with your girlfriend.

All you needed to do was to be silent.

So, what's wrong with that?
Nothing...I don't understand why people go flying off the handle about a minute of prayer. If a parent doesn't want their kid to participate then advise them to stare at the floor or something. Be considerate of the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or