U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 10:41 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,846,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The several developments in Holly Springs are very kid centered. They have water parks on site!
Which subdivisions are these? I'm very interested. I have a 1 and 4 year old, and we're planning a move to the area.
Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 AM

5,357 posts, read 15,046,680 times
Here is one, for example. There are a few subdivisions in Holly Springs, like this one, with "Sunset" in the name. They seem to have a lot of ammenities.

Sunset Oaks :: Location, Directions & Maps

Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 AM

84 posts, read 328,753 times
The Kraft YMCA located on Holly Springs Rd has a new outside waterpark (I believe opened last year) and the brand new gym is scheduled to open this April. I thought you should know this in case you can't find a house in a specific subdivision with a waterpark that fits your needs (price, lot size, sq ft, style, etc). I loved the waterpark in Sunset Oaks mentioned above but the subdivision didn't fit our needs. Also, the YMCA has amazing kids programs for your kids (soccer, tball, camps, track out programs, preschool, etc) year round. I currently work out at the YMCA in Cary and am amazed as I run on the indoor track and look down on the basketball courts to see all the kids activities going on. We will be transfering to the Kraft YMCA when it opens in April as we live in Fuquay Varina and it is only about a 10 minute drive to the new Y. We can't wait! Remember a waterpark is only open about 3 months of the year! Here is a web link to the new YMCA if you are purchasing in that area. I couldn't find a picture of the waterpark but your realtor can drive you by to see it and to see the distance from the homes you are looking at. Good luck! YMCA-Southwest Wake and Kraft YMCA (broken link)

Old 02-01-2008, 06:36 AM

5,357 posts, read 15,046,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC to NC View Post
The Kraft YMCA located on Holly Springs Rd has a new outside waterpark (I believe opened last year) and the brand new gym is scheduled to open this April.
Yes. But it costs an arm and a leg to join

I almost choked when I saw the family price was $250 to join and another $86/month fee.

It's a YMCA for chrissakes.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,809,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Yes. But it costs an arm and a leg to join

I almost choked when I saw the family price was $250 to join and another $86/month fee.

It's a YMCA for chrissakes.
It is expensive to join, I felt the same way. It is less expensive if you do not get a family membership, you can get a membership with one parent and dependents. That is what I did, the joining fee is less, and the monthly fee is something like 49 a month? I paid for the whole thing in one plop so I would not have to pay every month and it was something around 700 dollars.

Granted, for us, our neighborhood doesn't have a pool, and this was mainly for pool use in the summer and working out for me. I knew my husband would rarely go.

Leigh

Old 02-01-2008, 10:14 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,379,174 times
We live in a neighborhood just down the street from Sunset Oaks. We have a great pool it's included in the annual homeowners dues which are about $300-$400 a year. Nothing more.

We're Cary residents, with an Apex address & 5 minutes (if that) from Holly Springs. The neighborhood is The Park at West Lake

Here's a picture of the pool:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/KellyCrash/BigPool.jpg (broken link)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/KellyCrash/KiddiePool2.jpg (broken link)

You might think a pool like that would be super crowded, but that's just not the case. The base school for the neighborhood is year round. So while there is a nice crowd most days at the pool it's not too bad. Just the right amount of kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary