U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:28 PM

8,366 posts, read 12,079,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Ooh, another good one - at least it was at their short-lived Chapel Hill location. I don't know what happened, but I miss it!
Ha! I agree! The few times we got Camo Bros. it was very good. We obviously have the same (great) taste in pizza!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 07:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 5,000,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Especially a former NYer. But he included Papa John's on his list of "so much good pizza down here" so I'll take his pizza recommendations with a grain of salt.
No, no, no; I wasn't endorsing Papa John's as a preferred pizza option (and definitely not a local one either). My point is that we're a pizza loving family and sometimes even the pedestrian fare will suffice. The best pizza places are both expensive and too far away to deliver and so on a lazy Sunday morning there's a bit of awesomeness being able to order up a stack of pizzas while still in bed and have it delivered before the 1:00 PM games kick-off.

When we lived on Long Island we had four great pizza options, all within delivery distance and would never, ever, never, ever, ever eat at a Papa John's. Actually, the first time I ever ordered a chain pizza was after moving to Raleigh in 2007 and only because it was after traditional restaurant hours.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:58 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,907,316 times
Dante's pizza on Falls of Neuse up North of Raleigh. Try the "mama's" pizza and dine in, as it doesn't travel very well.

Their whole menu is excellent, with daily chef's specials. Nice ambiance, too. Lot of oldies playing soft and low, Dean Martin, Sinatra, etc.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 AM

8,366 posts, read 12,079,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
No, no, no; I wasn't endorsing Papa John's as a preferred pizza option (and definitely not a local one either). My point is that we're a pizza loving family and sometimes even the pedestrian fare will suffice. The best pizza places are both expensive and too far away to deliver and so on a lazy Sunday morning there's a bit of awesomeness being able to order up a stack of pizzas while still in bed and have it delivered before the 1:00 PM games kick-off.

When we lived on Long Island we had four great pizza options, all within delivery distance and would never, ever, never, ever, ever eat at a Papa John's. Actually, the first time I ever ordered a chain pizza was after moving to Raleigh in 2007 and only because it was after traditional restaurant hours.
Okay, you've redeemed yourself.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,879,616 times
DeMo's is my go-to pizza place since I got to Raleigh. I had Trophy recommended to me and enjoyed it, but I love DeMo's. Great pizza, and the delivery guy is fast and friendly. I typically don't like that kind of pizza, Neapolitan is my favorite, but DeMo's really has quality ingredients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or