U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 12:44 PM

4,642 posts, read 4,457,127 times

Advertisements

Best pizza in NC is found at Trophy Brewing, according to this:

The best pizzeria in every state - Business Insider
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 12:56 PM

545 posts, read 603,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Best pizza in NC is found at Trophy Brewing, according to this:

The best pizzeria in every state - Business Insider
i think it's good but only ok...but I'm not going to bait into this trap...

Old 11-02-2015, 01:18 PM

2,280 posts, read 2,224,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
i think it's good but only ok...but I'm not going to bait into this trap...
Smart move!

BTW I do not believe this is the first time the have been on a best pizza list.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM

164 posts, read 123,040 times
I believe Tombstone is the best and it's only like 3.99 at food lion.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:30 PM

367 posts, read 330,589 times
Not sure about the best but Trophy is one of my favorite spots. I only get larges, the dough is too thick on the small pizzas. My favorite is "The Most Outgoing", yum! Great beer too.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:00 PM

3,077 posts, read 4,989,904 times
Food is so subjective, assigning a "best" label is almost meaningless unless your perspective and preferences are identical to the reviewer.

There's so much good pizza to be had down here covering an impressive spectrum of choices (e.g., traditional NY, Chicago deep dish, artisan, etc.). I could never commit to a "this is my favorite" because my tastes shift over time. Right now I'm loving Sergio's in Wakefield but also have always really liked "A Slice of NY" in Brier Creek and Mellow Mushroom (typically for a family night out and only because it's different than what we typically eat). But we'll also cobble together a pizza buffet on a football Sunday ordering from Papa Johns. Is Papa John's a favorite? No, but it's not dog food either (though my dog does love their crust).

Find what you like and enjoy it, there's no need to convince anyone else it's better than what they like.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:01 PM

620 posts, read 437,683 times
From the looks of their menu, they don't have a gluten free option, so I'll have to stick to Patrick Jane's.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:11 PM

3,077 posts, read 4,989,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
From the looks of their menu, they don't have a gluten free option, so I'll have to stick to Patrick Jane's.
Has anyone conducted a study to explore the alarming increase in the number of celiac sufferers?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:23 PM

4,642 posts, read 4,457,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Has anyone conducted a study to explore the alarming increase in the number of celiac sufferers?
Here's what one leading researcher, Dr. Stefano Guandalini, thinks"

Do you have a theory as to why there is such an increase in celiac and gluten sensitivity?

I actually endorse one of the prevailing theories that goes back to the so-called hygiene hypothesis that because of the cleanliness of the society in which we live, that between birth and the first 18 months or so of life, our babies are not exposed to the same amount of antigenic load that mother nature expected, so not enough dirt, in other words. Everything is kept clean and has to be sterilized. We make sure our babies are not in touch with any dirt or put something dirty in their mouth.

Now the good about that is of course we have almost eliminated a number of infectious conditions that mightíve otherwise been predominant. But the bad news about this habit is that our gut immune system, which develops and directs the development of the whole immune system of the body, not being exposed to that kind of antigenic load by bacteria and other compounds that were supposed to be there, has developed in a way in which its response is skewed towards developing autoimmune and allergic diseases.

Celiac is an autoimmune condition, and it is not the only autoimmune condition that is increasing in prevalence. For instance, type 1 diabetes is following the same trend too. So I think this theory has some reason to be believed, and there are some data and epidemiological support for it. For instance, in developing countries where socioeconomic conditions donít allow for this extreme cleanliness, they almost donít know the existence of autoimmune or allergic conditions. And when the same country develops, for instance like in northern India where this has been documented, then this disease is there to strike.

Dr. FAQ: Stefano Guandalini on the Rise of Celiac Disease | Science Life

Old 11-02-2015, 02:31 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,248,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
There's so much good pizza to be had down here covering an impressive spectrum of choices
First time I've ever heard anyone say that without being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or