Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,983 times

Advertisements

I got the job! We will be moving to the Raleigh area next spring! My office location will be at the 40 and 540 intersection. Not sure of the physical address yet, the office is currently in development.

The plan is to find an apartment close to there for the first year and then go from there. My partner will be looking for a job in the area and we have agreed she will commute for the first year. We will have a 2 year old and a little dog. We are just looking to be economical in the first year, while we look for a more permanent place. We are looking for a 2 bed 2 bath, that allows small dogs and has a pool in a low crime area around 40 and 540. Could anyone throw some zip codes at me, or actual apartment complex names. We are looking to spend as a little as possible in monthly rent for a safe area. Close to a park would be a plus as well. TIA.

Last edited by katestar; 11-02-2015 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 02:22 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Aim for anything in Brier Creek. And finding a few good fits will be easy, deciding which one works best will be your challenge.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:26 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Brier Creek has multiple apartments, only a few minutes away from I-540 and I-40, and has a few separate routes to get you there. There are additional apartment complexes down US-70 just south of I-540 which is also close. Umstead Park is convenient to both locations.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
Congrats..in your situation I'd look in the Brier Creek area of Raleigh. It's not where I personally would buy a house , but if I was new to the area and looking to rent a newer apartment that's safe and close to familiar stores plus my job location I can't think of anywhere better. The reason I wouldn't choose to buy there is because it's very suburban and feels congested to me somewhat. But it feels that way because they really have tried to put everything imaginable into the area as far as housing,retail and restaurants. I don't need to live that close to everything since I'm familiar with driving around Raleigh. For a newcomer ,it provides housing options and the ability to run most errands close to your house. I'd imagine I wouldn't want to feel I was driving somewhere completely foreign any time I just needed to run to to the store.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:07 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,983 times
Thanks everyone. Will check it out.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:20 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
I've a friend who lives with her husband and their small dog at Edinborough at the Park Apartments and they quite like it. It's on Miami Blvd pretty much right at the intersection with I-40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary