U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:55 PM

33,142 posts, read 26,965,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
As other posters have stated, you really need to perform some reality checks about salary and even more importantly job availability. Lots of transplants and local unemployed to compete with.

I would also heed Francois warning regarding the schools. LA Metro is an enormous area and there are schools that are both great and horrible. The same applies to the Triangle area; some schools may even compete with East LA or South Central in terms of violence and low academic achievement.

The "advantages" you spoke of seem to be the "stock" that is usually purported by Forbes magazine..
Say what?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:01 PM

31,657 posts, read 55,431,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Say what?

LOL
You saw that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:11 PM

33,142 posts, read 26,965,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
LOL
You saw that too?
Let me grab my riot gear. I need to drive to Cameron Village in a few minutes.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:32 PM

545 posts, read 605,006 times
I'm gonna get myself some free non-NY pizza and find some heaps of hashbrowns!!!

Old 11-06-2015, 02:56 PM

31,657 posts, read 55,431,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnugget View Post
I'm gonna get myself some free non-NY pizza and find some heaps of hashbrowns!!!
Don't sit on anyone's box of Moon Pies....
It seems to be aggravating to them.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:23 AM

15,775 posts, read 24,048,975 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Neither do you, and have posted no details despite your begging for some yourself.

The idea that any school in the Triangle, and probably in the entire state, is comparable to East LA schools is laughable and no one can take you seriously after you post that.

I know plenty of people who live in "great" CA school districts, around LA and San Fran. Their houses are well over a million, and the schools need to be funded like a private school. They write a check for EVERYTHING - it's the haves and the have nots, big time. And there is no busing anywhere in that state - walk or drive.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM

15,775 posts, read 24,048,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Let me grab my riot gear. I need to drive to Cameron Village in a few minutes.

I can't believe you would consider anything else while roamin' the mean streets of Raleigh.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:03 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,390,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Neither do you, and have posted no details despite your begging for some yourself.

The idea that any school in the Triangle, and probably in the entire state, is comparable to East LA schools is laughable and no one can take you seriously after you post that.

I'm not going to single out any particular area in the Triangle, nor NC as a whole simply to avoid controversy. But to an objective person familiar with certain areas, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the experience in certain schools may not be appreciably different in the areas that I mentioned (academic performance and violence)

I know plenty of people who live in "great" CA school districts, around LA and San Fran. Their houses are well over a million, and the schools need to be funded like a private school. They write a check for EVERYTHING - it's the haves and the have nots, big time.

I doubt you know "plenty" of people.. Believe it or not, prior to the housing run up created by the real estate and banking lobby (incidentally the same people ruining Raleigh with irresponsible promotion and growth), the housing costs of many areas in CA were well in line with the local average salaries.

And there is no busing anywhere in that state - walk or drive.

You are misinformed, as usual.

-rr

Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM

9,680 posts, read 23,515,611 times
My grandson is taking a WCPSS Head Start program in SE Raleigh. He's learning a lot.

The school (Poe) is great.

No reservations sending him there.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:14 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,002,576 times
Quote:
-rr
You aren't exactly a credible source for information about the Triangle.

For example, I'm still looking for the trash strewn all over the roads down here, just like you've described so many times in the past (and I'm here closing in on nine years). I'm also looking for that whole Christian, in-yo-face thing you've often described (and I'm not Christian and am very sensitive to "have a blessed day" rhetoric).

I'm assuming you have children in the Wake County school system, because otherwise you're just reading newspapers online. But as someone whose own children have been attending Wake County schools since 2007, I wonder which area you would single out when you state that "I'm not going to single out any particular area in the Triangle, nor NC as a whole simply to avoid controversy".

You encourage controversy, so it's an odd time to suddenly go scurrying for the high road. And considering that the worst neighborhoods in Wake County actually have some of the very best schools, I'm confused by what you mean. So please, shed your moral high ground and embrace controversy. But establish a position based on fact, otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or