U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Carolina Shores NC
5,994 posts, read 7,377,939 times
Reputation: 4590

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Does anyone miss Don Murray's in Raleigh? I loved that place.
Yes, we used to go there on Sundays years ago. It was really good until the owners sold out and opened the Barbecue Lodge several miles up the road on Capital.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Sodo Sopa at The Villas above Kenny' s House.
2,492 posts, read 2,215,903 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Yes, we used to go there on Sundays years ago. It was really good until the owners sold out and opened the Barbecue Lodge several miles up the road on Capital.
Liked Don Murray's , detest BBQ Lodge. They taste completely different.

As a cute aside , my senior prom dinner was at Don Murray's. I went with a gf of mine that year and we didn't want to do the whole fancy schmansy dinner thing. We both had a passion for fried chicken and BBQ,so Don' s it was. Loved their fried squash. We had on our dresses and the staff said we were the first "prommers" they remembered. Closed soon after, so I bet we were not only the first, but the last.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
 
Location: The Windy City
5,172 posts, read 2,854,294 times
Reputation: 4387
BBQ Lodge's BBQ is super ground up, almost like they ran it through a grinder. It's not good at all. Their side items are okay though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
 
2,356 posts, read 2,483,970 times
Reputation: 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Does anyone miss Don Murray's in Raleigh? I loved that place.
Always thought that the BBQ had too many pieces of fat. Bobs is still good in Creedmoor.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 11:07 AM
 
Location: NC
6,394 posts, read 4,483,014 times
Reputation: 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Liked Don Murray's , detest BBQ Lodge. They taste completely different.

As a cute aside , my senior prom dinner was at Don Murray's. I went with a gf of mine that year and we didn't want to do the whole fancy schmansy dinner thing. We both had a passion for fried chicken and BBQ,so Don' s it was. Loved their fried squash. We had on our dresses and the staff said we were the first "prommers" they remembered. Closed soon after, so I bet we were not only the first, but the last.
Love this story. I hope you married her, she sounds like a keeper (very sincere, not sarcasm). :-)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Sodo Sopa at The Villas above Kenny' s House.
2,492 posts, read 2,215,903 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Love this story. I hope you married her, she sounds like a keeper (very sincere, not sarcasm). :-)
Unfortunately no.... Actually we were girlfriends in the platonic sense and would of probably been much happier had we made that choice, rather then the fellows that followed, I digress...

She is one of the few friends that I've kept in touch with. I'm a flaky introvert so no small feat. We've gone to dinner a couple times this past year,but she travels here from Nashville with Carrabbas as our go to spot rather then BBQ. I just had a scary thought,what if living in West TN has corrupted her taste in BBQ style. What if she's a Memphis rub or hickory smoked girl these days. Should that be the case, I doubt things would of worked out after all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 05:27 AM
 
Location: NC
6,394 posts, read 4,483,014 times
Reputation: 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I just had a scary thought,what if living in West TN has corrupted her taste in BBQ style. What if she's a Memphis rub or hickory smoked girl these days. Should that be the case, I doubt things would of worked out after all.
Ha! Hold on to that thought. Probably easier to sleep at night, rather than "what might have been".

^You've made my day (twice now).
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top