U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 PM

2,283 posts, read 2,228,489 times

Advertisements

Would Lucky 32 fit the bill? They do still have a burger and a steak on the menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 05:36 AM

641 posts, read 481,827 times
Kamado Grill in N. Raleigh. They've got Cornhole and Bocce outside in a really cool setting. Great food, cooked on actual Kamado grills. A neat place for a family meal, IMO.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 AM

6,081 posts, read 7,038,837 times
When we were kids our mom cooked and baked us our favorite foods for our birthday dinner. Have you considered that? We ate at home, feeling the love.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,213,662 times
Not to sound like Debbie downer but after lunch at a Mexican restaurant then all day at Frankies fun place, do you think your 8 yr old is going to be up to dinner out too? That sounds like the kind of day that I'd just pick up what ever they wanted to eat otw home. Some kids are better about pacing their energy throughout the day, but my 8yr old daughter still races till she crashes and burns. Following that with a 2 hour event dinner would be physically taxing at best.

With my unsolicited advice above I'd consider the lunch and activity stuff one day and a bday dinner the following night. Trying to summon up a list of places my child would enjoy. I'm with you on Japanese. Has he actually tried it? I've known some non sushi and teppanyaki fans who enjoy the tempura. Does he like cheesecake? Maybe Cheesecake factory with his own personal colossal slice. PF Chang's next door is pretty neat looking(never tried the food). An Indian restaurant would be fun for culinary adventurous kids. Is there a certain place or kind of food your child is particularly fond of ? I get your dilemma,I'm drawing blanks myself.

Edited: just reread that he wants American food. My solution,just tell him that all the different ethnic food selections is what makes America. There's nothing more American about a hamburger then a tamale,taco or gyro these days.LOL

Old 11-08-2015, 10:11 AM

915 posts, read 815,966 times
I'm with the previous poster - formal dinner between Mexican lunch and cake at home seems a bit too much. Also 8 yo definition of "fun" might differ greatly from adults. And it seems that usually it's either fun or good food...

Not sure about fun but our 6 yo likes Firebirds grill in Morrisville. There are other restaurants in the same center. Also O'Charleys in Cary has good reviews but we have not been there yet. Oh, and there is some barbeque place in Waverlys right next to playground. At least if kids get bored they could go out and play.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:52 AM

33,083 posts, read 26,901,384 times
That sounds like a long day for an 8yo.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:11 PM

488 posts, read 488,411 times
Mexican lunch was the day before his bday.
Frankie's was only an hour and a half to play mini golf and some arcades.
My DS can go all day and all night!

Birthdays are very special in our house- more special than any holiday and my kids can pick anything they want to do (within reason!) it's their day.

He ended up picking a local favorite for dinner.
Thanks!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 AM

763 posts, read 1,598,719 times
We just took our twins to Cheesecake Factory for their birthday dinner last month and it was awesome! Our waiter made a point to call them by name all night and was so fun and friendly. Its a lively place with a huge menu, and they get a giant sundae for their birthday treat. Super fun night we will all remember! We went to the one in Southpoint.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:40 AM

763 posts, read 1,598,719 times
Oops I see he already decided. But I have to give a shoutout to Cheesecake Factory as being a super fun birthday spot!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 AM

5,798 posts, read 2,155,860 times
I was going to ask if there are any "Chuck E. Cheese's" in your location. Since I don't know exactly where you are located..here's a link..just enter your Zip. I scanned another link..it appears there's still come locations you mentioned in your opening post.

I have fond memories going to Chuck E.'s back in the day my kids were that age..Even the grown ups had a great time!!
https://www.chuckecheese.com/locations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary