U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Sodo Sopa at The Villas above Kenny' s House.
2,492 posts, read 2,215,053 times
Reputation: 3859

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I was going to ask if there are any "Chuck E. Cheese's" in your location. Since I don't know exactly where you are located..here's a link..just enter your Zip. I scanned another link..it appears there's still come locations you mentioned in your opening post.

I have fond memories going to Chuck E.'s back in the day my kids were that age..Even the grown ups had a great time!!
https://www.chuckecheese.com/locations
Don't ever ever go back... save your memories lest they be ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2015, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,252,789 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
When we were kids our mom cooked and baked us our favorite foods for our birthday dinner. Have you considered that? We ate at home, feeling the love.
Presumably, if she wanted to cook something at home, she wouldn't have started a thread asking for restaurant recommendations.

While it's very helpful of you to suggest that your mom loved you more than the OP loves her kids, different kids have different favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
 
Location: NC
6,081 posts, read 7,044,848 times
Reputation: 12054
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Presumably, if she wanted to cook something at home, she wouldn't have started a thread asking for restaurant recommendations.

While it's very helpful of you to suggest that your mom loved you more than the OP loves her kids, different kids have different favorites.

Huh? Never would I try to compare mothers' love. I was simply suggesting that it might be novel and appreciated by a child to have an especially home cooked meal. Perhaps the OP had not considered that. Chillax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,252,789 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Huh? Never would I try to compare mothers' love. I was simply suggesting that it might be novel and appreciated by a child to have an especially home cooked meal. Perhaps the OP had not considered that. Chillax.
I'm just a dad, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think most parents have "considered" the novel concept of cooking at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Sodo Sopa at The Villas above Kenny' s House.
2,492 posts, read 2,215,053 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I'm just a dad, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think most parents have "considered" the novel concept of cooking at home.
I've learned to never assume my obvious answers are apparent to others.

There is also the inconvenient truth that many of today's mothers and fathers, just can't cook period. There's a reason all those restaurants made it through our last recession.lol

But yes Scratchie I'm with you on the tone of that post. Whether intentional or not, it did imply that a good loving mother would prefer to cook at home or at least provide the option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 07:41 AM
 
Location: NC
6,394 posts, read 4,481,080 times
Reputation: 7154
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post

He ended up picking a local favorite for dinner.
Thanks!
Not that you owe us, but I'm curious where you ended up? (I was going to suggest Tribeca, but others already had.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 09:13 AM
 
Location: NC
6,081 posts, read 7,044,848 times
Reputation: 12054
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I've learned to never assume my obvious answers are apparent to others.

There is also the inconvenient truth that many of today's mothers and fathers, just can't cook period. There's a reason all those restaurants made it through our last recession.lol

But yes Scratchie I'm with you on the tone of that post. Whether intentional or not, it did imply that a good loving mother would prefer to cook at home or at least provide the option.
You two are so funny. Next time I'll put all kinds of emoticons around my show the love comment so you'll know I was semiquoting a popular advertising concept. And yes, I was going toward the idea that since so many meals are eaten outside the home, sometimes a family dinner with the child as the guest of honor is fun for the kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2015, 06:53 AM
 
1,172 posts, read 1,724,594 times
Reputation: 1306
Can someone advised cost of games at Dave and Busters? All the same price? Different for various video stations? Do they sell tokens, etc. Cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Sodo Sopa at The Villas above Kenny' s House.
2,492 posts, read 2,215,053 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Can someone advised cost of games at Dave and Busters? All the same price? Different for various video stations? Do they sell tokens, etc. Cost?
I've only been once but until someone more experienced weighs in. The tokens go on a card(see it in my purse everyday) if you join the rewards program at the beginning they give you extra power chips on your card. All winnings are tracked on the card(no actual tickets to hold). As far as how many chips each game took I can't remember. The website should give you more answers. I will say in my opinion it was sort of a high cost outing. My 8yr old daughter was there less then 2 hours and I think I spent around $50 and that was just games,no food.She isn't what you would consider a "gamer" so I'm sure those more serious could spend much more or maybe less if their skill carries each game longer

. My last favorite video game was Space Invaders and Centipede.lol Just as a funny side piece , my grandmother was in her mid 60's when Pac Man came out. My dad bought his parents an Atari set so the grandkids could have one there to play. Less then 2 years later my Grandma had played Pac Man so much that the design had permanently burned itself into the TV screen. So even with it off you could still see the game maze.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
8,361 posts, read 12,070,489 times
Reputation: 8043
There's a dealsaver for DAVE and Busters now. It's $20 for a $40 power card. Go to dealsavers.com and select Raleigh and all deals and you should see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top