U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 11:55 AM

2,535 posts, read 4,501,752 times

Advertisements

We're looking for something for a family to do together. My kids are 7, 11, 14 and 16. We wanted to drive meals to shut ins through Raleigh Rescue Mission, but we didn't check early enough and they are full. Is there anyone else who does this? I don't think serving in a food line would work because of the youngest. I'd love to hear other ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:27 PM

4,046 posts, read 5,560,086 times
You might try calling Raleigh Rescue Mission or Durham Rescue Mission. Maybe they need volunteers for something.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:06 AM

998 posts, read 1,245,625 times
We are going to sponsor a family through Wake County. I filled out my wishes-requirements for a family. They matched me with a family. You get their details. You can call them and get more info on gift ideas and meet the family to give them their gifts.
Seasonal Programs

Old 11-16-2015, 08:54 AM

998 posts, read 1,245,625 times
Blanket Bundles 2015 sponsored by HIS Radio
A Food and Blanket Drive Benefiting Raleigh Rescue Mission

Purchase one or more new blankets, spread them out, and fill them with 20 canned or non-perishable food items. (**No glass items, please)

Then bundle it up and tie it with a string or cord. Your Blanket Bundle will help Raleigh Rescue Mission to stock their food pantry prior to the busy holiday season, and also help residents and the homeless and hurting in our community stay warm during the upcoming winter months.

Last year, generous listeners responded and HIS Radio collected 335 blankets which contained over 6,500 canned food items! THIS YEAR we need your help to do even more! We'd like to hit a goal of 400 Blanket Bundles (which would include 8,000+ food items). Can you help??

Our collection date for Blanket Bundles is Saturday, Nov 21st from 10am-2pm.

PLEASE PLAN TO BRING YOUR BLANKET BUNDLES TO THESE SPECIFIC COLLECTION LOCATIONS AT THE TIME INDICATED ABOVE:

RALEIGH

Raleigh Rescue Mission Store and Donation Center
4700 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, NC
(Southeast Corner of Millbrook and Capital Blvd. in Mini City)
**Please drive around back to the Donation Center to Drop off Blanket Bundles

Triangle Town Center Mall, At the landscaped outer entrance to the Food Court
5959 Triangle Town Blvd., Raleigh

CARY
Chick-Fil-A, 1815 Walnut St,Cary, NC 27518

GARNER
Chick Fil A, At Garner Town Square, 2720 Timber Drive

KNIGHTDALE

Chick Fil A, 6711 Knightdale Blvd

Questions? Please call Viki Redding, Director of Direct Marketing and Public Relations, Raleigh Rescue Mission: 919.793.2656 or vikir@raleighrescue.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or