U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 11:42 AM

91 posts, read 102,479 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I am about to drop my service with Straight Talk ---- horrible customer service. My connection with them was great and the price good too, but overall I am done with them.

I only need a single-line plan with an I-Phone 5s.

Anyone happy with their service?

I'd like to avoid paying $70/mo. with Verizon if at all possible, but don't want to compromise on connection. I was only paying $50/mo. with Straight Talk........but the rudeness of the customer service reps with no accountability for their actions wore me down.

Thank You!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 12:03 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,055,555 times
Sell your phone at consider Republic Wireless, especially if you make calls in an area that has wifi.
Yes, you have to buy one of their phones, but the low monthly fees & refunds for unused data are great.

They do all their pre-sale and post-sale support online.

Cary-based company and I live about 2,000 feet from Morrisville.
They use Sprint's towers, I recall.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:28 PM

7,694 posts, read 10,065,987 times
I will say, just about any company will be good here in Morrivsllle or in most populated areas. Where you will see an big problem is trying to use Sprint in any place outside of a metro area or more than a few miles off an interstate highway.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:36 PM

10,700 posts, read 20,119,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc71 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am about to drop my service with Straight Talk ---- horrible customer service. My connection with them was great and the price good too, but overall I am done with them.

I only need a single-line plan with an I-Phone 5s.

Anyone happy with their service?

I'd like to avoid paying $70/mo. with Verizon if at all possible, but don't want to compromise on connection. I was only paying $50/mo. with Straight Talk........but the rudeness of the customer service reps with no accountability for their actions wore me down.

Thank You!
I've been with Net10 for around 2.5 years. Same as ST. I've had to call maybe once or twice as we've switched phones, but now that Verizon phones use sims like the rest of the world I don't even have to call them when swapping phones.

I'm curious, why did you have to call them so often?

Also if you have a Facebook account, ST/Net10 customer service is actually US based when chatting there. I've had really excellent luck with them.

Check out Cricket if you want pre-paid, $35/month includes taxes for 2.5 gb data. The $45 plan is 5 gb data. There are local stores, and they are directly owned by AT&T. I've actually called my local store before as I was thinking about moving from Net10/VZ to Cricket but ultimately decided not to. They were pretty friendly. They will also transfer your number there.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:31 PM

91 posts, read 102,479 times
Thank you for your answers everyone..........I really appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions Well I just did a search for every major cell phone carrier's customer service complaints.........and not shocking, even the big guys have people that can't stand them. Some really nasty reviews. I called Straight Talk back and spoke to some very nice people in their Philliippines office who made a report of the negative customer service experience and basically they have restored my faith in the company. So I will stay with them for now. But again, I appreciate your feedback. BTW wheelsup, ST and NET10 are linked as you mentioned, but I will definitely look into reaching out via Facebook when I need help. I really think it was that one individual......and I will definitely report him to corporate. Probably won't make a difference, but I will at least try to make my experience known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or